Chapin

Jan 3, 2020, 3:13:02 AM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
I’ve set up my Camect. I logged on with google. When I try to connect to my home/Camect, I am asked for a password. I did not configure a password. Is there a default pw I should know?  My google pw does not work.

At any rate, how do I get into my Camect?  I really want to start using it.

TIA.

CamectArup

Jan 3, 2020, 3:21:12 AM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
It sounds like you did manage to connect at least once, and that you probably looked at the "users" tab in the home settings when you set it up?

We've had one other case where a user looked at the users tab and an external password manager decided to fill in something for the password field ... so when save was clicked, a password got set without the user being aware of it.

To fix this, you can go to local.home.camect.com and try to login in as "admin" and the password will the userid part of the email address you used to activate camect, assuming you did not change it from the default ...  i.e. if you activated with "f...@gmail.com" it will be "foo".  The admin account can only be used when you're connected from the same local network as the device.

If you can't log in as admin either, let me know and I can reset that password to its default for you, and you can then log in, visit the users tab, and clear out whatever password was set against your google account. I have no ability to clear the password for your google account.

CamectArup

Jan 3, 2020, 3:25:26 AM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
P.S. If you need the admin password reset, please send an email request for this to sup...@camect.com

Chapin

Jan 3, 2020, 12:59:50 PM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
Thanks.  I have tried this and cannot get in.  I've emailed support to get the pw reset.

I do use Last Pass and the scenario you outlined is quite likely.  I certainly was in the device once casually poking around on iOS.  When I tried to reconnect, I was locked out.

Chapin

Jan 3, 2020, 1:14:05 PM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
Thanks for the reset.  I've now regained access to the device and have removed the "extra" pw from my account.  You normally wouldn't have the "extra" pw, correct?

CamectArup

Jan 3, 2020, 1:21:05 PM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
Right. Most people don't use the extra password because they'd consider their google account to be adequately secured and put two-factor on the Google account ahead of doing this.

If you set an extra password on Camect, it never leaves your device and is required by the device for all remote access. It's there for people who want to be super-cautious about remote access -- You set it if you want to ensure that your video cannot be accessed remotely even if your google account or our cloud servers got compromised.  (Most companies don't give you the option to protect yourself from their own servers :-).