incongruity in data presentation

Tim Shea

Jun 20, 2024, 4:35:16 PMJun 20
to Camect User Forum
Hello,

There is some incongruity in data presentation between alerts via email, telegram, and API, along with an error in the alert via email:

Email - displays hub name instead of camera name:
email.png
Telegram - has all data and appears correctly
telegram.png
API - missing region and additional modifier "arriving"
api.png

Cheers,
Tim

Arup Mukherjee

Jun 20, 2024, 4:39:01 PMJun 20
to Tim Shea, Camect User Forum
What's sent for email and Telegram is configurable on a per-user basis. See the V2 hub settings, alerts tab, the "my settings" section near the bottom.

Tim Shea

Jun 20, 2024, 5:06:11 PMJun 20
to Camect User Forum
The problem isn't in the settings - they are working as configured. The problems are that the email body is showing the hub name ("<blurred> House") instead of the camera name ("Gate"), and the API doesn't show the region "Tires" or modifier "arriving".

CamectChao

Jun 20, 2024, 5:51:42 PMJun 20
to Camect User Forum, tim...@gmail.com
These are indeed by settings. Hubs allow users to configure email / telegram separately.
camera_alert_with_hub_name.png

Tim Shea

Jun 20, 2024, 6:42:04 PMJun 20
to CamectChao, Camect User Forum
The problem is in the email body, not the subject.

If the settings for the "email subject showing" have "hub name" off and "camera name" on, the BODY of the email shows 'Camera "<hub name>"', when it should show 'Camera "Gate"'. (In my examples, "Gate" is the camera name.)

But, oddly enough if I turn on "hub name" for the email SUBJECT, the BODY of the email shows 'Camera "Gate"' properly.

If I turn off both "hub name" and "camera name" in the "email subject" configuration, the email body shows 'Camera "<hub name>/Gate"'.

It's almost as if it was designed to not duplicate data between the subject and body but was just implemented in a broken way, and should, in my opinion, instead include all the data in the body regardless of the subject settings. Perhaps in the body, 'Hub "<hub name>" Camera "Gate" saw a car in region "Tires" arriving at 13:11:47' instead of 'Camera "Gate" saw...', no matter the subject settings.

Also, the API doesn't show regions or modifiers, which would be great to have for feeding into outside automation. The modifiers (ie vehicles arriving/moving/departing, tires, steps, loitering) are an excellent feature - I use them extensively and would like to integrate them into my automation.

Thank you all at Camect for providing such an excellent product and service.

CamectChao

Jun 20, 2024, 7:30:07 PMJun 20
to Camect User Forum, tim...@gmail.com, Camect User Forum, CamectChao
You are right  that it does try to avoid duplicate information between the subject and the body.
How about we always show the camera name in the body?

On Thursday, June 20, 2024 at 3:42:04 PM UTC-7 tim...@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

We are working on that.

Tim Shea

Jun 20, 2024, 7:33:55 PMJun 20
to CamectChao, Camect User Forum
That sounds like a good solution.

readys...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2024, 10:50:47 AM (11 days ago) Jul 1
to Arup Mukherjee, Camect User Forum

I cannot add new rating to either V1 or V2.  I just keep getting the Please wait when I try save it

image001.png