Actual deletion of missing/removed cameras?

R Spivack

Jul 16, 2021, 3:49:34 PM7/16/21
to Camect User Forum
I have a few cameras that were auto-detected on their IP address and then they were physically removed.

Is there a way yet to permanently delete a camera so Camect doesn't keep trying to connect to them?

I can flag them as disabled, but I would like to clean up the configuration and have them completely removed as they will never be plugged in again.

Arup Mukherjee

Jul 16, 2021, 3:54:02 PM7/16/21
to R Spivack, Camect User Forum
If your cameras are completely gone from the network, disable them and then delete them in Camect. They'll only be redetected after deletion if they're still present on your network.

KP

Jul 17, 2021, 4:12:33 PM7/17/21
to Camect User Forum, CamectArup, Camect User Forum, rspi...@gmail.com
To clarify (I was confused by this initially too), after you disable a camera, there is a little "trash can" icon next to the camera name in your list of cameras, this will delete it.