Software update tonight (algorithm tweaks to reduce false alerts)

CamectArup

May 19, 2020, 4:40:57 AM5/19/20
to Camect User Forum
release/2020-05-18:
     Only one one new thing in this update: Algorithmic tweaks to reduce false alerts for cases where an object is detected in scenes where none is present. This will fix some (but not all) of them. There will be a later update to address the others.
     The false alerts are being caused due to seasonal changes. We don't expect this to occur every year, but this is the first Spring we've had a large set of users, and we're thus finding some cases that had not been covered by the previous training data.

Eric Meeson

May 25, 2020, 3:43:11 PM5/25/20
to Camect User Forum
This seems to be working great, I've only gotten a small handful of mistaken alerts since this update compared to the dozen or so a day I was getting beforehand from the moving leaf shadows. Nice work!