Detect Alerts VS Send Alerts

Matt Link

Aug 21, 2020, 9:58:13 AM8/21/20
to Camect User Forum
The guide talks about:
 "turning off the “send alerts” setting to disable sending, but leaving “detect alerts” on. This will allow you to quickly seek from alert to alert in the UI in the event that you need to review a long period of footage some day."

I'd like to detect alerts across the whole camera area, but limit sending alerts to a specific region and object type, but it seems drawing a region restricts both the sending and detection of alerts. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible to do this? I think you'd need another option within the manual ratings so, for each rating, you could state "detect only" or  "detect and alert" or "None"?

Use case for this is i'd like notifications when someone is on the drive to our house, but not every time someone walks the front / a car goes past. However if someone mentions a suspicious car last night, it would be good to be able to look though the detected alerts still.

Thanks,

Matt

Will Stillwell

Aug 21, 2020, 10:06:08 AM8/21/20
to Matt Link, Camect User Forum
Dang I am pretty sure this is not an option currently but it sure would be a nice feature to have.   Or send alerts for select types of object detection but not for others.

~Will

CamectArup

Aug 21, 2020, 10:13:05 PM8/21/20
to Camect User Forum
Drawing out a region only stops detection of alerts if you specify that ALL objects in the region are uninteresting. If you leave at least one object as interesting, detections will still occur, and you'll be able to see those detections as "uninteresting alerts" by enabling uninteresting alerts in the alert filter.

So, a bit hacky, but you could pick a pretty uncommon object (e.g. maybe bear depending on where you live) and leave it as interesting in the area that you marked off as uninteresting.

Matt Link

Aug 24, 2020, 10:35:27 AM8/24/20
to Camect User Forum, CamectArup

That works perfectly, thank you! No bears around here, but if one was I'd want to know about it 😁