BIRPC data channel error

Joske522

Apr 24, 2020, 4:38:03 AM4/24/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi,

Another small thing I notice is that when starting the app on my phone, a lot of the times it shows an "Birpc data channel error" warming.
When I click it, it goes away and the default camera view is shown as normal. So not a big issue, but maybe something that can be resolved easily?

Thanks :-)

CamectArup

Apr 24, 2020, 4:43:25 AM4/24/20
to Camect User Forum
That's not supposed to happen. I'm guessing that maybe it happens when you've left the app running in the background and maybe your phone aggressively kills off the connection to save battery or something like that.

It would help if you could do a little experimentation to see when it's happening ... e.g. kill the app whenever you exit, and see if it will happen even when the app is starting from scratch to confirm or disprove the above theory.

Also, after it happens, you can use "Report Bug" from the profile pic dropdown (click on your profile pic) and check the checkbox to include browser logs so we can see if they'll check any light on what's happening. (If is the phone shutting down the connection, the logs may not help much though -- but just worth a check anyway.)

We don't really want people to be seeing the error and will see what we can do to avoid it ... but as you seem to be confirming, it is probably harmless -- i.e. it should reconnect and work properly if it's due to the connection having been shut down for some reason.

Joske522

Apr 24, 2020, 4:49:32 AM4/24/20
to Camect User Forum
Ok Arup, great. I will start with excluding the app from all power saving options the phone has. Then I will raise a bug report if I see it so you can examine further :-)

Thanks!

Will Stillwell

Apr 24, 2020, 11:56:12 AM4/24/20
to Joske522, Camect User Forum
I get that on my laptop sometimes too.  when I've left windows open then go back to them, it flashes that... but it does then loads the camer and displays video.   so I don't have to click anything to resume.

~Will

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 1:49 AM Joske522 <iwe.lau...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok Arup, great. I will start with excluding the app from all power saving options the phone has. Then I will raise a bug report if I see it so you can examine further :-)

Thanks!

ZzyzxOh

Apr 24, 2020, 12:19:30 PM4/24/20
to Camect User Forum
I get this all the time on Android, but just assumed it was a change in message from Lost Connection - click to retry.