Eliminate Duplicate Devices in Home when Device Has Multiple Network Interfaces

ZzyzxOh

Jan 19, 2020, 12:09:13 PM1/19/20
to Camect User Forum
At times, an IP Camera will be configured with both Wireless and Wired interfaces available. These are then Discovered as if they were independent cameras and one is manually Disabled and Deleted. (I believe if your Search for Cameras again, they will be rediscovered, but not sure.) I went into each camera to disable the unused interface, but that is tedious if you are moving cameras around between Wired and Wireless locations.

This is an absolute nit for anyone with stable camera locations and only really applies if you have configured your cameras to be moved around and occasionally wired.