Pan and zoom cameras supported in Camect?

Graham Bird

Jun 7, 2020, 3:42:14 PM6/7/20
to Camect User Forum
Is the above supported?

If so any recommendations for wired (POE) and wireless?

CamectArup

Jun 7, 2020, 3:49:32 PM6/7/20
to Camect User Forum
We support PTZ only for specific brands that are listed in the specs of the Indegogo campaign: Amcrest, Dahua, D-link (some models only), FoscamHikvision, Reolink (except E1 models), Trendnet, Vstarcam (some models).  Several other cameras also manage to work because we support PTZ for cameras that are detected as Onvif cameras -- but note that there are some Onvif-capable PTZ cameras that don't work, possibly because they don't implement Onvif correctly. (We don't know, and that's why we don't even list Onvif support in the specs.)

The Indiegogo FAQ has two camera suggestions, and others on the forum probably have some thoughts too:

Can you recommend some cameras for me to start with?
The Amcrest IP3M-954E (PoE) and Amcrest IP3M-943B (Wi-Fi) are good general-purpose outdoor cameras. The Amcrest IP2M-841 is a good indoor PT (pan/tilt) IP camera which works with both Wi-Fi and wired networks. We have absolutely no connection to Amcrest and get no kickback for this recommendation.

Graham Bird

Jun 8, 2020, 8:37:42 AM6/8/20
to Camect User Forum
These models seem to be unavailable.  Do you plan to update the list?

Cheers