Will Camect work when Nest service is down?

Niten Jaiswal

Feb 4, 2020, 6:05:21 PM2/4/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi!
Will Camect work when the Nest service is down?

Thanks!
Niten

CamectArup

Feb 4, 2020, 7:02:20 PM2/4/20
to Camect User Forum
No. Camect works by recording the Nest live view.

To quote from the top of our camera compatibility FAQ where it talks about cloud cameras:
  • The supported cloud cameras give you a way to try Camect without having to buy new cameras.
  • Cloud camera manufacturers can make changes to your cloud cameras at any time, and can disable a cloud camera integration if they choose to.
  • If you are happy with Camect’s features, we recommend that you eventually use regular IP cameras so your video is not sent to the cloud, and so your cameras will record even when your internet is down. You’ll get the same features and equal or better optical quality at a much lower price!

Niten Jaiswal

Feb 4, 2020, 10:14:34 PM2/4/20
to Camect User Forum
Do you think there is a way for you to intercept the Nest's video stream so that the cameras can be used without the service?

CamectArup

Feb 4, 2020, 10:16:33 PM2/4/20
to Camect User Forum
There is no known way to do that at present, and Nest is definitely competent enough to ensure that this is not possible in general.