release/2023-06-13

CamectArup

Jun 30, 2023, 11:57:36 PM6/30/23
to Camect User Forum

This actually went out about a week ago, but I forgot to post the release notes:

release/2023-06-13:

New features or improvements:

  • Support Meraki cameras.

  • Line crossing detection.

  • Allow overriding the RTSP URL for cameras.

  • Let users choose Onvif profile for Onvif cameras

  • Support home mode schedules.

  • Be able to view footage / alerts for disconnected cameras on V2.

  • V2 local device dialog (i.e. “See all devices on the network” when adding a camera)

  • Make seeking-related UI more responsive and reliable.

  • Users can now opt out of receiving “no space” alerts

  • Improvements to stationary car filtering

  • Upgrade WebRTC to 107 to pick up the latest security fixes.

  • Prefer Google dns whenever it works properly.

  • Support rotating cameras by 180 degrees.

  • Show total camera MP in hub information popover (the “i” next to “Hub Name”)

Bug fixes:

  • Non-admin users can now share video using Google Drive

  • Make talkback button work reliably, especially on phones.

  • Fix a bug that gTTS service issues may break all voice related features.

  • Make Google sign-in work again (for Nest cameras)

  • Resolved several deadlock / crashes related to camera handling

  • Make ONVIF audio backchannel work for some ONVIF cameras.

  • Fix V2 sign in UI bug (odd menu when using email to sign in to cloud identity)

  • Fix a bug that V2 UI does not respect user’s time format preferences.

  • Fix console log submission

Will Stillwell

Jul 3, 2023, 5:39:10 PM7/3/23
to CamectArup, Camect User Forum
Where is the Total camera MP in the hub information?
image.png
~Will

Russell Singleton

Jul 3, 2023, 6:26:18 PM7/3/23
to Will Stillwell, CamectArup, Camect User Forum
Will, I had the same problem. It’s only in the v2 interface as far as I can tell.

Regards,

Russell

On Jul 3, 2023, at 16:39, Will Stillwell <will.st...@gmail.com> wrote:

Where is the Total camera MP in the hub information?
<image.png>

~Will

Will Stillwell

Jul 3, 2023, 7:10:29 PM7/3/23
to Russell Singleton, CamectArup, Camect User Forum
Ahhh, found it.  There is one main reason I don't like V2.
Opening cameras in individual windows on V1 you right click that and open in New Camect Home window.
 image.png
In V2 you don't get that option
image.png
I haven't found a way currently to get an individual camera in it's own dedicated window while keeping all the cameras visible in a different window while running the page as an App on Windows.  Haven't tried v2 like that on the Mac yet.

~Will

Arup Mukherjee

Jul 3, 2023, 7:50:55 PM7/3/23
to Will Stillwell, Camect User Forum
Do you mean you want to be able to open a single camera in a different window rather than in a different tab?

Will Stillwell

Jul 3, 2023, 10:24:23 PM7/3/23
to Arup Mukherjee, Camect User Forum
I run camect V1 as a install 'app' on my PC and Mac.  I can right click that and open in a new 'camect' window. It is a window that has no tool bars, It is a clean window I can resize that 1 camera, (My driveway).  and keep it over another program like Outlook or something.  The other camect home window has all the cameras but minimized, I can pull it up easily if I need to see them.  With v2 I can install as an app, but I can only make it do the one window and can't get it to open that one camera in it's own dedicated window.  By not having it in an actual browser tabs, I looks all the tool bars, and everything and it is just a clean experience.  It's like having. a dedicated app for Camect both on Windows and on my Mac.

~Will

Will Stillwell

Jul 3, 2023, 10:27:02 PM7/3/23
to Arup Mukherjee, Camect User Forum
I'm on my macbook now, I can have 2 windows like I described.

  image.png
image.png

~Will

Chris

Jul 5, 2023, 9:59:28 PM7/5/23
to Camect User Forum, CamectArup
Will the hub update automatically? Is there a place we can see the version it's running? Really wanting to try the Meraki camera support.

Arup Mukherjee

Jul 5, 2023, 10:00:11 PM7/5/23
to Chris, Camect User Forum
Yes, the hub updates automatically. You can see the release info by opening the hub settings and clicking on the "i" next to "Hub Name". If yours has not updated, please use "Report Bug" from the hub settings of your hub to let us know which one it is.

Fester Adams

Jul 7, 2023, 1:28:56 PM7/7/23
to Camect User Forum, Arup Mukherjee, Camect User Forum, Chris
Detections seem to be running quite a bit faster with this release. Helps a lot. I still sometimes try the V2 UI, but scrolling down the Alert Previews is still very slow and eventually stops loading them at all. Still thinking that an option to not show clip motion previews as with V1 will be required. Running M1 Mac Mini (Ventura).

Tim S

Jul 7, 2023, 2:54:35 PM7/7/23
to Camect User Forum, CamectArup
  • Let users choose Onvif profile for Onvif cameras

I'm curious to how this works?
I have some manually added RTSP camera's that are Onvif compatible that I'd like to change to the profile without having to re-add them and change all my settings again if possible.

Thanks...great update by the way.

Arup Mukherjee

Jul 7, 2023, 4:43:32 PM7/7/23
to Tim S, Camect User Forum
After you manually add an Onvif camera and connect to it, you'll be able to find a dropdown menu in the camera settings that allows you to pick which Onvif profile you want to use:

image.png

Tim S

Jul 7, 2023, 4:46:50 PM7/7/23
to Camect User Forum, Arup Mukherjee, Camect User Forum, Tim S
Got it!  Thank you.

Joe Rose

Jul 8, 2023, 11:36:15 AM7/8/23
to Camect User Forum, Arup Mukherjee, Camect User Forum, Tim S
My Testing results. I disabled the manually added rtsp stream camera ( Amcrest 4K camera, that was set to subtype 3, a 1080p stream) I added the camera as an onvif IP. Selected onvif stream option subtype 3

1. V2 interface doesn’t seem to be  an option for local access to the camect hub. Only v1. Requires opening the firewall to the internet to use v2.
2. The onvif stream options show up correctly, but have no effect on the used stream. The hub always overwrites my manual update back to the primary 4K stream, which overloads the hub (subtype 0)
3. Manually changing the rtsp url, from subtype 0 to 3 and saving will automatically revert back to 0, the 4K stream, and overload the hub, no matter what. Toggling disabled, enabled has no effect.

Joe Rose

Jul 8, 2023, 1:42:27 PM7/8/23
to Camect User Forum, Joe Rose, Arup Mukherjee, Camect User Forum, Tim S
I also wanted to add another bug to this release.  It's possible this existed before, but I hadn't tested the onvif to trigger it. It's very frustrating. The hub has set passwords disabled, optimize settings disabled, full scan disabled, I've even toggled them to see if that was the issue here.

To reproduce,  add an onvif camera manually and enable it, delete the manually added rtsp generic camera and the hub automatically performs a full scan, which re adds all the deleted/disabled cameras and enables them. They all show up as enabled again with incorrect credentials(I made sure to not use default credentials on all cameras to prevent camect from automatically overloading itself with all the 4K camera streams).  Since I have to manually disable the automatic 4K streams and add everything manually, it's just frustrating to have to keep disabling those automatic streams I can't use. Touching any of the onvif camera settings, triggers a full scan and re enable of those 4k streams.

Arup Mukherjee

Jul 8, 2023, 2:57:48 PM7/8/23
to Joe Rose, Camect User Forum
To access the v2 UI when signed in locally, just add /v2 to the end of the URL.

To prevent cameras from reappearing when there is a scan, disable the cameras and leave them disabled -- i.e. do not delete them after disabling. Disabling a camera is how to tell Camect to ignore it. If you delete the camera, your hub has forgotten anything it knows about the camera and that camera is going to be treated as a new camera again when there is a network scan. This has always been how it works.

As far as the Onvif profile not working -- What do you mean when you say the hub overwrites your update? Is it that you choose a different profile and save it, but then when you go back into settings later the profile is back to the default? If so, please reproduce the issue and then use "Report Bug" from the hub setting of your hub to mention which camera you tried with, and what setting you chose.