Various Playback Issues

Tony Welle

Mar 15, 2021, 10:15:17 AM3/15/21
to Camect User Forum
This morning various events involving a car and a person were only tagged as motion. While attempting to share a three minute clip (Never could get it to finish), I discovered the following:
After downloading the entire three minute segment involving two time frames with motion and a short time frame in between with no motion, I found that playback is jerky as if at a very low frame rate. However, if I download two separate clips involving only the times with motion, then playback is normal and smooth. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

I also noticed that downloaded clips do not contain any time display. Is there a setting to enable? I don't want to reenable camera date/time but having that is important. If all objects are ignored for the area containing the date/time, will that still trigger constant motion detection?

Finally, while in full screen mode, I found it almost impossible to adjust the time bar. While playing back, the time would toggle between the time of the current video playing  and the live time. At the same time, the green bar in the time line would also jump around. It was nearly impossible to download or adjust timelines in full screen mode. That behavior does not occur with the single camera window in the std browser frame.

CamectArup

Mar 15, 2021, 6:59:53 PM3/15/21
to Camect User Forum
When you download a clip, if that clip contains any non-motion, you get the 1 fps background recording. If your exported clip is motion only, you get the full-frame-rate video as it came from the camera. It would take a very long time to merge the two types, so if any of the background recording is involved, then that's what you get for the entire period.

The timestamps are embedded into the exported video clip as a subtitle stream. Use a video player (like VLC) that can show you subtitles to be see the timestamps.

When you said "adjust the time bar" what exactly were you trying to do? Did you try pausing the video to see if it's any easier to adjust while video is not playing?