Google Hub MAX support?

JLU

Mar 2, 2020, 11:44:08 AM3/2/20
to Camect User Forum
Got my Camect over the weekend and it was easy to set up. Got all my cameras connected except the Google Hub Max, will they be added to the supported camera list in the future?

BTW - Searching for older videos still take a bit of time, it would be great if there is a feature like video library or timeline with calendar (e.g. Arlo, Nest)

-Thanks, Jeremy

CamectArup

Mar 2, 2020, 7:38:50 PM3/2/20
to Camect User Forum
Do you already have the Google Hub Max camera viewable as a camera at home.nest.com?

We have not tested the hub max camera at all, but in theory if you get it viewable as a camera at home.nest.com, it might be possible to add it as if it were a nest camera. If you have it viewable at home.nest.com, let us know and we'll send you some instructions to try.

Re: Older alerts ... We'll soon have a global alert view, allowing you to view snapshots from all alerts in one place and browse through them. This is coming in about a week, and I think it will solve your issue, but if it does not let us know what is still missing.

Message has been deleted

JLU

Mar 2, 2020, 7:58:41 PM3/2/20
to Camect User Forum
Yes, My Google Hub Max camera is viewable as a camera at home.nest.com.  Please send me the instruction and I will try it out.

Thanks for the news on Global alert view, really looking forward to checking out this new update.

-Jeremy

CamectArup

Mar 2, 2020, 9:31:00 PM3/2/20
to Camect User Forum
We don't know if this will work, but try going to home settings > device > add camera, set the type to "Nest" and sign in to your nest account. After you do that it will normally list the cameras in your account and let you pick which ones to add. Let's see if the Home Hub Max will show up as an option.

Also, I think you're required to be using "sign in with Google" with Nest for this to work, just in case you're still using a nest.com account.

If the home hub is not shown as an option, or if it is shown but fails to work when you select it, use "Report Bug" from dropdown you get if you click your profile pic at the top right, and check the checkboxes to include logs and settings from your device. Of course, this is not a bug in the sense that we don't claim to support the Hub Max camera, but maybe it will give us some idea about what keeps it from working.

JLU

Mar 2, 2020, 11:21:15 PM3/2/20
to Camect User Forum
Added Google Hub Max as camera, however got the message "Unable to connect".  Already reported as a bug, hopefully there will be a workaround soon.

-Thanks, Jeremy

CamectChao

Mar 3, 2020, 3:18:50 AM3/3/20
to Camect User Forum
From the bug report you submitted, it seems the protocol to access hub max is slightly different from normal nest cameras.
I'll get a hub max to test. I'll update this thread later..

CamectChao

Mar 3, 2020, 3:58:19 PM3/3/20
to Camect User Forum
I tried my hub max. It actually works for me.
Can you view your hub max on home.nest.com using the same account?