Alerts play at random speeds

Eric Meeson

Feb 1, 2020, 6:47:23 PM2/1/20
to Camect User Forum
I'm currently running 5 hardwired Lorex (rebranded Dahua/Armcrest according to the Camect) cameras on my system, and they have inconsistent alert behavior. The camera that faces the driveway and sees perhaps a dozen pedestrians a day, will typically play alerts at around 0.4x when you click on them, which is annoyingly choppy. Just a few minutes ago I got an "unknown animal" alert on a different camera, and clicked to see the raccoon zoom by at 4x play speed. When I closed the window and went back through the alerts bell, it began the alert at 1.1x and slowed down to 1x by the end of it. I have no issue watching the live camera streams so it shouldn't be bandwidth related.

Any thoughts?

CamectChao

Feb 1, 2020, 6:57:40 PM2/1/20
to Camect User Forum
It's likely caused by we estimate the bandwidth incorrectly.
Can you submit a bug report when it's playing at 0.4x?

Eric Meeson

Feb 2, 2020, 11:46:29 AM2/2/20
to Camect User Forum
I went back to a buggy alert and submitted a report. Let me know if this isn't the data you need, not sure if it needs to be submitted immediately when it happens or not.

Eric Meeson

Feb 4, 2020, 11:42:36 AM2/4/20
to Camect User Forum
Other thought, could you add the ability to tell the system what the expected upload bandwidth is? That might help avoid this issue.

Eric Meeson

Apr 4, 2020, 4:54:38 PM4/4/20
to Camect User Forum
Just checking back in, this still occurs, sometimes playing at fast forward, sometimes slow motion. I can't make any sense about when it does either as far as finding a pattern.

On Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 6:57:40 PM UTC-5, CamectChao wrote:
Message has been deleted

Bud

May 13, 2020, 9:29:33 PM5/13/20
to Camect User Forum

I am having the same/similar issues. Whenever I review footage the speed will fluctuate drastically. It is nice that it speeds up during time of no alerts but it would be great if there was an option to disable or temporary lock the speed of replay.

4K

May 14, 2020, 2:21:40 AM5/14/20
to Camect User Forum
What are you both referring to exactly? If it's the timeline (which an alert should take you to) there is the speed is the upper left hand corner and if you click on that you should be able to choose a speed, otherwise it should be 1x if there are alerts and 4x if there aren't. If you're talking about the quick review feature then I'd agree it would be nice to have an option to choose a speed.

Eric Meeson

May 14, 2020, 11:18:42 AM5/14/20
to Camect User Forum
Very frequently alerts will play less than 1x, which was mentioned in a different thread as Camect possibly incorrectly observing upload bandwidth for streaming. This still hasn't been fixed, in my case at least.

Secondly, I will also have some alerts randomly play at 1.1-1.3x speed while actively showing a detected object that is light green (detected status) in the timeline.

Clicking on the speed controls does not always lock in that speed for me either. This could again be due to misunderstanding of available upload speed. My connection is a (very constant) 5 Mb uplink. My cameras are set to 4 Mb streams, so I should be okay for full resolution streaming, but even with the lower resolution default stream, I still will usually not get full speed playback. Realtime video appears to (usually) play frame for frame correctly though.

CamectChao

May 14, 2020, 1:22:13 PM5/14/20
to Camect User Forum

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 8:18:42 AM UTC-7, Eric Meeson wrote:
Very frequently alerts will play less than 1x, which was mentioned in a different thread as Camect possibly incorrectly observing upload bandwidth for streaming. This still hasn't been fixed, in my case at least.
Is it only happening if you are playing at full 4M resolution?

Secondly, I will also have some alerts randomly play at 1.1-1.3x speed while actively showing a detected object that is light green (detected status) in the timeline.
Can you fire a bug report when it happens next time?

Eric Meeson

May 14, 2020, 1:33:01 PM5/14/20
to Camect User Forum
No it happens at the default low-resolution as well. Downloaded video is always perfect.

This slow playback seems to be on the 4MP cameras regardless of streamed resolution, but does not appear on the Wyze camera that is also on the system at 2MP.

I just sent a bug report for both the slower and faster than expected playback scenarios.

4K

May 14, 2020, 11:17:09 PM5/14/20
to Camect User Forum
I have noticed it drop below 1x before but not often and it usually comes right back up. For the 1.1 - 1.3x I don't remember seeing that. Clicking the speed does lock in for me for that viewing period, but leaving and coming back it's back to the way it was before.

Hopefully the Camect team can get it figured out for you.

Tom Ring

May 15, 2020, 3:24:29 AM5/15/20
to Camect User Forum
I do have this same issue also with my 4MP cameras but after chatting with Arup put it down to Camect not prioritising plackback