No new Camect Homes found.

Angell Deer

Mar 10, 2020, 6:03:54 PM3/10/20
to Camect User Forum
I have plug it into my wifi router and turn on
Despite doing that it says "No new Camect Homes found."
I have waited more than 5 min / camect is on and network light on it are on
My computer is connected to the wifi
That would make sense given camect has not been connected to the wifi yet and just plug in...

CamectArup

Mar 10, 2020, 6:16:36 PM3/10/20
to Camect User Forum
I was about to contact you, but I think you might have managed to activate a few minutes ago? Is the issue resolved?

Angell Deer

Mar 10, 2020, 6:18:47 PM3/10/20
to Camect User Forum
Yes I have. Just no camera showing up.
I have 3 YiHome cameras

CamectArup

Mar 10, 2020, 6:26:20 PM3/10/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi Angell .... I'm hoping this is not news to you, although it sounds like it might be:

We don't have support for Yi cameras, as noted in the camera faq here. We do try pretty hard to get everyone to read the camera faq before we ship. (We ask you to make sure to check the camera faq in the address confirmation survey email, and the survey itself asks you to acknowledge that you read it).

Would you consider getting some alternative cameras to use with Camect? This Ezviz model might not be a bad replacement, and Wyze cams are fairly decent too.

Angell Deer

Mar 10, 2020, 7:07:43 PM3/10/20
to Camect User Forum
Any outdoor options you recommend?

CamectArup

Mar 10, 2020, 7:48:54 PM3/10/20
to Camect User Forum
Wifi or wired? (Wired POE is always better if you have the option.)  If it's going to be WiFi, do make sure you have a good reliable signal where your cameras are located.

Amcrest has a pretty good selection of cameras in both categories, and we have two suggestions on the Indiegogo FAQ tab that you could start with:

     "The Amcrest IP3M-954E (PoE) and Amcrest IP3M-943B (Wi-Fi) are good general-purpose outdoor cameras. [...] We have absolutely no connection to Amcrest and get no kickback for this recommendation."

A note about Amcrest ... If you buy some other model, make sure you're getting one that supports RTSP. All cameras sold as "Amcrest" do support RTSP, but some of the cameras sold as "Amcrest SmartHome" do not. We're happy to help you check on this before buying if you're unsure of whether a camera will work.

Amcrest cameras are made by Dahua, which is the second-largest camera manufacturer in the world. Many of our users also use Hikvision cameras (Hikvision is the largest mfr), but they're a bit more unfriendly for nontechnical people. S3VC has also received some good reviews, although we have not tried many of the cameras in their lineup ourselves.

Angell Deer

Mar 10, 2020, 9:26:08 PM3/10/20
to Camect User Forum
Does this indoor one works?

Amcrest 1080P WiFi Security Camera 2MP Indoor Pan/Tilt Wireless IP Camera, IP2M-841W (White)

Angell Deer

Mar 10, 2020, 9:27:28 PM3/10/20
to Camect User Forum
And does this outdoor one works?

Amcrest 4MP WiFi Wireless Outdoor Camera 2688 x 1520p Bullet Security IP Outdoor WiFi Camera, IP67 Waterproof, 118° Viewing Angle, MicroSD Recording, 98ft Night Vision, IP4M-1026W (White)

CamectArup

Mar 10, 2020, 9:48:26 PM3/10/20
to Camect User Forum
The IP2M-841 is actually one of our recommendations. I had left it out of my response because you asked about outdoor cameras.

The IP4M-1026W does support RTSP and is almost certainly going to work fine although we haven't tested this camera ourselves. One potential issue with that camera to keep in mind is that some of the Amazon reviewers have reported problems getting it to stay connected to WiFi -- so if your connection is at all spotty, this may not be the best choice. (On the other hand, if you order it from Amazon and have problems in the location you need to put it, you can easily return it.)

The IP4M-1026W will also need to have wired power there -- it's not a PoE camera. I'm assuming you're interested in it because you already have power at the location. (If you're going to run a new wire, then running a single wire for PoE -- which provides both power and network -- is the recommended way to go.)