Can I turn off email but still receive telegraf alerts?

Levi Geinert

Mar 29, 2020, 12:47:03 AM3/29/20
to Camect User Forum
Can I turn off email alerts but still receive telegraf alerts?

CamectArup

Mar 29, 2020, 1:29:25 AM3/29/20
to Camect User Forum

Yes, telegram and email can be controlled separately in the "me" tab (under home settings for the default behavior, and under the camera settings if you want different behavior for just one camera).

Charles Taylor-Young

Mar 29, 2020, 5:56:05 PM3/29/20
to Camect User Forum
I have tried over the last few days to stop the emails by checking and un-checking the "send me camera alerts by email" tick box under the 'me' tab, but I'm still getting the emails.  I can stop all alerts by un-ticking "send alerts" under the alerts tab, but then the Telegram alerts stop too.   Have I missed something?

CamectArup

Mar 29, 2020, 6:21:41 PM3/29/20
to Camect User Forum
Have you looked at the "me" tab under camera settings (wrench icon in the camera title bar) for a camera from which you've been having trouble stopping email alerts?  If camera has "use home settings" unchecked, it won't honor the global defaults that are set in the "me" tab in the home settings because you chose to override the defaults.