Software update tonight. (Bugfixes)

CamectArup

Apr 28, 2020, 3:35:43 AM4/28/20
to Camect User Forum
We're pushing a smallish update tonight. This contains bugfixes to address issues raised after last week's update;

- Allow review of alerts from disabled cameras in the global alert view. (e.g. Cameras might be disabled if you are in home mode ... previously, this also made them unavailable in the global alert view).
- Fix bug that could cause exported video to sometimes have the wrong resolution
- Add an S3VC driver to work around their buggy Onvif implementation that forgets its password after a while.
- Fix crash that could occur when clicking certain specific times on the timeline.
- Allow for more choices of audio codec used by the camera.
- Adjust some parameters in the Wyze cam driver to increase the tolerance for poor WiFi.

Marty Enerson

Apr 28, 2020, 2:26:24 PM4/28/20
to Camect User Forum
Is there a way to see the current version running on my Camect box?

CamectArup

Apr 28, 2020, 2:57:50 PM4/28/20
to Camect User Forum
In the home settings, click the "i" next to "Home Name" and it will show you a bunch of data, including the version.

When we announce an update, you'll get it within 8 hours unless something (e.g. network problems, or the device is down) prevents it from occurring.

Brian Robertson

Apr 28, 2020, 3:10:00 PM4/28/20
to Camect User Forum
Can you give us version numbers when you post your pushing an update? That will just help us verify our devices our on the latest version.

CamectArup

Apr 28, 2020, 3:21:47 PM4/28/20
to Camect User Forum
Okay, I'll try to remember to include that in future. The current update has release/2020-04-26 in the version string.

Marty Enerson

Apr 28, 2020, 3:26:48 PM4/28/20
to Camect User Forum
Another request??  It would be nice to have a Version history in one place that we all could see. Maybe a discussion area that only you guys have access to post to.

Version 2.xxx
- fix xyz
- feature xyz
- blah

Version 1.xxx
- fix xyz
- fix xyz
- feature xyz

Wayne Wilson

Apr 28, 2020, 7:15:56 PM4/28/20
to Camect User Forum
this is interesting. I got the update at 6:47 and the only Wyze cam running current firmware , which had gone offline the night before, came back all by itself at 6:47. imhave one Wyze running the year old RTSP software and one running the current software and one just replaced with a EZVIZ C1C. The Wyze were pretty regularly going off line once a day. We will see what happens, but all of them stay online, maybe it was the Camect update?

Marty Enerson

Apr 28, 2020, 7:24:37 PM4/28/20
to Camect User Forum
It fixed my Wyze cams too that were dropping offline.  We will see, it has only been a day.

Wayne Wilson

May 5, 2020, 12:26:54 PM5/5/20
to Camect User Forum
It's now been one week, since I retired one Wyze cam for an EZVIZ C1C,  put the year old RTSP firmware on another and left the third one alone.  None of them have gone offline in that time.  It looks like the only one still skipping minutes in recordings is the Wyze with uptodate firmware, although I only scanned the timeline for about half a day and found one skip of 2 minutes on the Wyze up to date.

Wayne Wilson

May 5, 2020, 12:29:56 PM5/5/20
to Camect User Forum
Of course there was also, on the same day, the Camect update which seemed to fix the problem for nearly everyone.  So, I can't say with certainty but at this time I am leaning towards the EZVIZ solution for a cheap camera, but I do need to do some more research into how often and under what circumstances they phone home to China and what kind of data exchanges can go on from that connection.