Arlo Cams username and password issue for all cameras

kenlm...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2021, 5:36:16 PM4/14/21
to fo...@camect.com

Can’t change the username.  I’m sure I am missing something. It has been working for 2 years almost without an issue.

cam2.JPG
cam1.JPG

Arup Mukherjee

Apr 14, 2021, 5:53:58 PM4/14/21
to kenlm...@gmail.com, Camect User Forum
Yes, Arlo made a change recently that's causing problems if you need to sign in again. We'll fix it in a software update next week. We might be able to work out a way for you to try the fix sooner than that if you're in a hurry. If you'd like to do that, use "Report Bug" from the home settings and include logs and settings from your device so we can confirm that the issue is what we think it is.

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 2:36 PM <kenlm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can’t change the username.  I’m sure I am missing something. It has been working for 2 years almost without an issue.

Dale Coghlan

Apr 15, 2021, 3:11:53 AM4/15/21
to Camect User Forum, kenlm...@gmail.com
I highly suggest that you change your Arlo account password ASAP as you have just shown it to everyone ;)

Roger A

Apr 12, 2022, 10:02:45 PM4/12/22
to Camect User Forum, dale.c...@gmail.com, kenlm...@gmail.com
I have never been able to resolve this issue. I now have time to work on it and have tried everything from deleting and readding, changing password etc. I think I saw in a thread that this issue was fixed but it has not been for me

Arup Mukherjee

Apr 12, 2022, 10:17:56 PM4/12/22
to Roger A, Camect User Forum, dale.c...@gmail.com, kenlm...@gmail.com
Please try the Arlo reset procedure exactly as below and see if it will cure the problem:

1. Disable the Arlo sign box as well as all Arlo cameras showing in the Camect UI using the sliders at the top left of each camera display.

2. Restart your camect hub .... i.e. hub settings (cog wheel at top) > show advanced settings > restart.

3. Visit my.arlo.com in a browser (not the app) and make sure you are able to sign in and see your cameras using the same sign in credentials that you will use with Camect.

4. Go to home settings > device > add camera. Set the type to "Arlo" and click "Add"

5. Sign into your Arlo Cameras.

If the sign in succeeds, you'll get a menu showing your camera and you can click on them to add them.

If it fails, you can use "Report Bug" from the hub settings shortly after the failure to let us get some info about what happened. Include a description of what you saw when you submit it, and check the checkboxes to include logs and settings from your hub.

Roger A

Apr 13, 2022, 3:48:12 AM4/13/22
to Camect User Forum, CamectArup, Camect User Forum, dale.c...@gmail.com, kenlm...@gmail.com, Roger A
Follow your instruction but with same results, submitted a bug report

Arup Mukherjee

Apr 13, 2022, 3:50:08 AM4/13/22
to Roger A, Camect User Forum
Chao already responded to your bug report asking for your permission to enable some extra logging for your account so we can debug what's going on. Did you see that request?

Roger A

Apr 13, 2022, 4:13:28 AM4/13/22
to Camect User Forum, CamectArup, Camect User Forum, Roger A
Sorry did not see the request but permission granted