False person alerts

Will Stillwell

Jul 6, 2024, 8:47:53 PM (5 days ago) Jul 6
to Camect User Forum
Is anyone else having false alert after false alert?

Shadows.  As the sun has been out more and more the false alerts are more and more.
Shadows on the side of my car.  Reflection of my flag in the rear car window.  All as person events.  Our orange cat is a a fox by far more than a cat  This, this is fine.  It is the false alerts for a person that is making me think about finding a new solution because it is like the boy who cried wolf when there was a real wolf nobody came to help.

In IT false alerts make you numb to alerts and you miss when it really is a big problem.

Likewise, I'm really concerned with the amount of false person alerts I get.

~Will

Jimbo Automates

Jul 6, 2024, 9:06:15 PM (5 days ago) Jul 6
to will.st...@gmail.com, fo...@camect.com

Yes, multiple false person alerts today. A bush that used to cause them but hasn't in a long time is doing it again.

CamectChao

Jul 6, 2024, 9:15:20 PM (5 days ago) Jul 6
to Camect User Forum, jimbo.a...@gmail.com, fo...@camect.com, Will
Looks like a regression in the latest model. We'll push out the next model soon.

Will Stillwell

Jul 6, 2024, 11:56:32 PM (5 days ago) Jul 6
to CamectChao, Camect User Forum, jimbo.a...@gmail.com
I hope your definition of soon, is as in a couple days.  Because it's going to drive me insane real soon.

~Will

CamectChao

Jul 7, 2024, 7:49:42 PM (4 days ago) Jul 7
to Camect User Forum, Will, Camect User Forum, jimbo.a...@gmail.com, CamectChao
Your hub is on the latest model now. Let us know if you are still having these false alerts.

Will Stillwell

Jul 7, 2024, 8:42:36 PM (4 days ago) Jul 7
to CamectChao, Camect User Forum, jimbo.a...@gmail.com
Looks promising.  This is the time of day when they fired one after another yesterday, I'm seeing similar shadows, and the flag reflecting in the window isn't setting it off either
image.png

~Will

Fester Adams

Jul 11, 2024, 2:28:40 PM (12 hours ago) Jul 11
to Camect User Forum, Will Stillwell, Camect User Forum, jimbo.a...@gmail.com, CamectChao
Still getting the false "person" Alerts. This morning it was an overnight spiderweb on a camera, and some tree leaf shadows on another camera. Marked and sent the clip.