Wyze Cam Issue

Brian Robertson

Mar 28, 2020, 8:42:05 AM3/28/20
to Camect User Forum
I am having an issue with my Wyze Cameras for maybe about a week now. The cameras will disconnect from Camect for anywhere from a couple minutes to almost 15 minutes and then they reconnect. It does not appear to be a WiFi issue because the Wyze app still shows motion alerts during that time period with alerts and uploading the clip.

CamectArup

Mar 29, 2020, 5:20:56 PM3/29/20
to Camect User Forum
Have you tried rebooting the Wyze cam? We sometimes see them get into funky states where they won't stay connected.

Also note that when a camera connection drops, Camect tries to reconnect immediately. If that fails, it tries again roughly once every 6 minutes ... i.e. it's not retrying continuously. So, if there was a WiFi issue, it's possible that you could get motion events from Wyze while Camect thinks the camera is disconnected. (e.g. because the immediate reconnection attempt failed, and the camera came back online 1 minute later, but it took another 5 minutes before Camect tried again).

Will Stillwell

Mar 30, 2020, 11:12:28 AM3/30/20
to CamectArup, Camect User Forum
I have noticed this more often too.  Usually I disable the camera and re-enable it and it reconnects right away.   There is a chance it is actually an issue with internet outside the home to the cloud and back.  As more people work from home there have been times of internet in general congestion.  I have a Fat pipe in my home. 500mb down 15 up.  Yesterday trying to watch a youtube video on the TV was painful with lots of stuttering.   Just some thoughts.

~Will

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 2:20 PM CamectArup <ar...@camect.com> wrote:
Have you tried rebooting the Wyze cam? We sometimes see them get into funky states where they won't stay connected.

Also note that when a camera connection drops, Camect tries to reconnect immediately. If that fails, it tries again roughly once every 6 minutes ... i.e. it's not retrying continuously. So, if there was a WiFi issue, it's possible that you could get motion events from Wyze while Camect thinks the camera is disconnected. (e.g. because the immediate reconnection attempt failed, and the camera came back online 1 minute later, but it took another 5 minutes before Camect tried again).

Christopher Nickl

Will Stillwell

Apr 24, 2020, 3:08:25 PM4/24/20
to Christopher Nickl, Camect User Forum, Arup Mukherjee
Anytime I see that I simply disconnect camera, then reconnect and it is fine.

~Will

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/camect.com/d/msgid/forum/6a606e1d-e930-4851-a863-a1924fafe440%40camect.com.

Wayne Wilson

Apr 25, 2020, 7:56:34 PM4/25/20
to Camect User Forum
here is what i just had to do after a power failure took out all three Wyze cams on Camect. 1st, disable camera. 2, toggle show disabled cameras on. 3, delete camera. Camect then automatically re-adds the camera. i am getting really tired of all the Wyze idiosyncrasies. Now that I am back home, i am getting one of the 25 dollar EZVIZ and will swap it for one of the Wyze cams and see what happens.

Christopher Nickl

Apr 25, 2020, 8:10:19 PM4/25/20
to Camect User Forum
Def let me know how the EZVIZ works. The Wyze is nice because the quality per $ is great but the bugs are annoying

Will Stillwell

Apr 26, 2020, 3:34:44 PM4/26/20
to Christopher Nickl, Camect User Forum
if you go to single camera view and use wrench to disable you don't have to turn on the show disabled to be able to enable  again.  I'm glad I haven't had to delete and add back in.  Also since the last Wyze update a few days ago my Wyze experience has been MUCH better.

~Will

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 5:10 PM Christopher Nickl <fireg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Def let me know how the EZVIZ works. The Wyze is nice because the quality per $ is great but the bugs are annoying

Will Stillwell

Apr 26, 2020, 4:25:35 PM4/26/20
to Christopher Nickl, Camect User Forum
I mean to say since the latest CAMECT update that had some stuff to help with Wyze connection issue things have been much better.

~Will