David Sinclair

Dec 30, 2019, 11:09:26 PM12/30/19
to Camect User Forum
I use dark mode on my Macs.  The white web app page is rather glaring.  It'd be nice if the web app respected the system appearance.

(A relatively simple bit of CSS, as you're probably aware.)

Wayne Lewis

Dec 30, 2019, 11:49:42 PM12/30/19
to Camect User Forum
+1

Damon

Dec 31, 2019, 11:55:00 AM12/31/19
to Camect User Forum
+1 for dark mode

JeremyM

Dec 31, 2019, 12:04:29 PM12/31/19
to Camect User Forum
Definitely +1 for a dark mode. I'm sure customization of the UI is not a priority right now, but this would be a great low hanging fruit to pluck for now.

David Sinclair

Dec 31, 2019, 6:56:26 PM12/31/19
to Camect User Forum
In the meantime, I used a Mac app called Cascadea (from the App Store) to override the CSS; other apps can do that too.

Here's my CSS for basic dark mode:

@-moz-document domain("home.camect.com")
{
body {
background-color: black;
}
top-bar:not(.tabbed-top-bar) {
background: rgb(60, 60, 60);
}
top-bar .top-bar-title .cam-list-title, top-bar .top-bar-login-state button, top-bar .top-bar-login-state button {
color: rgb(170, 170, 170)
}
}

Mcc

Jul 21, 2020, 11:51:10 PM7/21/20
to Camect User Forum
Dark Mode would be great

Eric Meeson

Jul 22, 2020, 12:32:25 PM7/22/20
to Camect User Forum
Ooo how has no one requested this yet. I'm usually all about that dark mode life. +1 to this

Brian Wilson

Jul 22, 2020, 6:18:20 PM7/22/20
to Camect User Forum
+1

fra...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2020, 11:14:26 AM7/23/20
to Camect User Forum
+1 from me as well.

And thanks for the Cascadea suggestion. It's way better than the built in support for a single Custom CSS sheet.

Still some bugs, but until there's an official dark mode style it'll work for me.

Robert Spendlove

Oct 5, 2020, 8:32:11 PM10/5/20
to Camect User Forum, David Sinclair
  An FYI to anyone, especially if you're running the webpage full time on an OLED device.

I've started using a Chrome extension called Darkreader.  It makes the white part of webpages black or dark grey.  Much easier on the eyes and doesn't take the power or cause burn in on OLED screens from viewing too much white.    If you're looking at a white fence, that's still white - it won't change the images, but the white background is gone with it.  It's also the first one I found that doesn't affect the green home/away notifier.  I find it easier on the eyes, especially at night.

I know it just changes the CSS of pages, but I'm too lazy to do that.
Camect.JPG

Neel Patel

Mar 4, 2024, 11:28:07 PMMar 4
to Camect User Forum, Robert Spendlove, David Sinclair, Arup Mukherjee
Ressurrecting this thread....long time Camect user (since the initial Indiegogo launch!), first time in a long time post.

I never really thought to ask, but with the V2 UI, can we please somehow get Dark Mode native for the PWA/Web Browser Version please? I would also be interested to hear from the development team if this was ever request but just got downvoted or not given enough points to make it top priority for feature requests?

Thanks!

Arup Mukherjee

Mar 6, 2024, 5:11:07 AMMar 6
to Neel Patel, Camect User Forum
You are the first to request it for V2. For V1 some other users posted ways to get a dark mode by using a Chrome extension that could do some stylesheet overrides. I haven't seen anything like it for V2 though.

Eric Meeson

Apr 7, 2024, 12:17:10 PMApr 7
to Camect User Forum, Arup Mukherjee, Camect User Forum, Neel Patel
I have been using dark mode extensions, but native dark mode is always nice so add me in on that request as well.