Changing RTSP URL on existing cameras

FredJenks

Jun 29, 2020, 3:31:19 PM6/29/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi.  I had all my cameras setup and running nicely.  I had to use RTSP to configure since they are plugged into the back of a Dahua DVR.
Recently, I began to get "unable to connect messages" and just found out that for some reason, the IP address for my Dahua DVR changed from XX.0.0.71 to xx.0.0.70.
How do I go back and edit the RTSP URL stream configuration for each camera.  Do I have to delete all cameras and manually add them back in or is there an easier way to just edit the RTSP URL for each camera, changing the 71 to a 70?  I can't find a way to do that.  Hopefully I dont have to recreate each camera stream.
Thanks

CamectArup

Jun 29, 2020, 3:54:59 PM6/29/20
to Camect User Forum
Unfortunately, right now the only way to fix this is indeed to add each camera back with the new RTSP url.  We do plan to add a way to edit the RTSP url in future, but it's competing with several more popular feature requests.

You might consider whether it would be easier to fix the IP address assignment of the DVR on your router to be xx.0.0.70 and reboot the DVR. It sounds like you might have DHCP on your router assigning an address to your DVR without having a fixed IP assignment .. i.e. even if you add all the cameras now, you might have to do this again in the future unless you fixed whatever allowed the IP address of your DVR to change.