Alert additional details (via ratings)

Adam Edwards

May 1, 2020, 9:59:26 AM5/1/20
to Camect User Forum
It would be nice when managing rating to add a specific details to the notification.

For example:

I have a driveway and a front walk that goes around the side of the house

Right now I get an alert that says [camera name] saw a person

What I would like to see is if I add a box on the driveway then it could say [camera name] saw a person on the driveway. or [camera name] saw a person on the front walk.

Basically if we could have a 255 character string that we can optionally add to the alert that would be great for additional identification.

So for the alert "[camera name] saw a person on the driveway" I would add to that rating that covers that area and then the string "on the driveway" or however I want it to be worded. That way by default we are still getting the same alert but for those who want additional information from the alert it can be added.

4K

May 8, 2020, 11:10:24 PM5/8/20
to Camect User Forum
That's a great idea! I'm not able to think of a use for it myself, but there is a lot of potential here. There is a big difference between hearing "[Camera Name] saw a deer." and "[Camera Name] saw a deer near the garden."