Arlo Pro 3 - no base station

Someone Else

Jan 15, 2020, 6:02:44 PM1/15/20
to Camect User Forum
I thought, perhaps erroneously, that I could use an Arlo Pro3 with Camect and no Arlo base station. Is it possible?

CamectArup

Jan 15, 2020, 7:56:04 PM1/15/20
to Camect User Forum
Sorry, Camect does not replace your arlo base station.

There's no way for your camera to work without the Arlo base. What Camect does is provide a way to record the video and get high-quality alerts once you have a fully functioning Arlo camera.

If you're going to have to buy a base and you only have one camera, you may want to consider whether it would make more sense to just buy a regular wifi IP camera instead ... It will probably be cheaper, and won't depend on Arlo's servers to work.