Tip on how to get a no name Onvif IP camera to work with camect

camect speedfreak

Apr 3, 2020, 5:09:05 AM4/3/20
to Camect User Forum
I use both foscam and hikvision cameras as well and they work well out of box as most of you know but I also have 2 no name IP cameras, one cable connected and one wireless, that I camect couldn't find and I figured out a sollution.

By changing the default port of the IP camera to something else then 80, rebooting the camera and then connecting to new IP address at the new port (for instance http://10.1.1.200:8081) I could change the default port for Onvif to 80 followed by a reboot camect can find it and use it as a camera.

CamectArup

Apr 3, 2020, 6:06:13 AM4/3/20
to Camect User Forum
If you had to change the default port in order to get the camera to work, the camera doesn't implement the Onvif spec correctly, as Onvif allows for discovery of the port whatever it is.

However, we already know that no-name cameras may not have a great Onvif implementation, so thanks for the tip as it may still help someone else.