Rafe Aldridge

Mar 14, 2020, 12:00:19 PM3/14/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi,

I've plugged my Camect into local network and can log in etc.

I've unplugged one of my SWANN cameras from my SWANNView box and plugged it into a POE switch connected to my network. I can see the camera get an IP address.

However, I cannot get Camect to see the camera. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rafe

Rafe Aldridge

Mar 14, 2020, 12:12:21 PM3/14/20
to Camect User Forum

This is the NVR I have: https://www.swann.com/uk/swnvk-873004

And I think these are the cameras: https://www.swann.com/uk/swnhd-815cam

CamectArup

Mar 14, 2020, 3:31:51 PM3/14/20
to Camect User Forum
Did you already have these cameras working through the NVR, or not at all?  The online docs for these cameras seem particularly bad (i.e. no useful info there) but here are some thoughts based on what I could find.

See if you can add the camera manually: Go to home settings (cog wheel at top right) > devices > add camera, set the type to 'Stream URL', and try:

      rtsp://USER:PASSWORD@IPADDRESS/h264Preview_01_main

(with the appropriate values of USER,PASSWORD and IPADDRESS filled in).

That will only work if you have the model number correct.

Also, if it doesn't work, try the following steps to help us to gather some information

    1. Click the "look for cameras" button below where the cameras would show up. Wait for it to finish scanning
    2. Go to home settings (cog wheel at top right) > report bug
    3. Mention the IP of the camera and check the checkboxes to include logs and settings from your device.

Rafe Aldridge

Mar 14, 2020, 5:04:16 PM3/14/20
to Camect User Forum

Yes, the camera worked before (and after, I plugged it back into the NVR).

I understand what you're asking, but I have no idea what the USER & PASSWORD values would be!

I'll have another play soon (it's not a quick job to get POE near the camera feeds!). If all else fails, I'll be able to get you the info you ask for.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I did check the camera FAQ before buying the Camect so I really hope we can get it to work :)

Rafe

CamectArup

Mar 14, 2020, 11:44:54 PM3/14/20
to Camect User Forum
I was assuming the camera worked ... but I was wondering if you had tried to configure Camect to access the camera through the NVR, rather than by using a PoE switch?

WIthout the user name and password it's going to be hard or impossible to access the camera directly. Does the NVR not let you configure those values? (Try the username and password for the NVR if you're not aware of anything else it could be.)

We do have people successfully using other Swann cameras, but this system seems like it may be a bit more difficult than others -- We weren't aware of this, so sorry it was not fully covered in our FAQ. We will update the FAQ to mention it, but I also do still think there's a decent chance it can be made to work.

From what I could find out, the NHD-815 camera is a relabeled Reolink camera (rather than the usual Hikvision relabel) and Swann disabled the web interface on the camera, so you won't be able to set the username/password directly on the camera. At least one person did report that they got the camera to work using the url I mentioned, which is the standard RTSP url for Reolink cameras. However, I guess they knew the correct username and password to use and did not mention where they got the values for them.