Anpviz PTZ camera compatibility

MOH

Jul 19, 2020, 6:17:59 PM7/19/20
to Camect User Forum
Excited new contributor here awaiting delivery of Camect + Lifetime sub. Am planning to migrate a number of existing Amcrests and a couple of oem “no name” ONVIFs over to Camect when it arrives. I do need (want) a PTZ however, and found a

Anpviz Security 4.0MP POE IP PTZ Dome Camera, Hikvision Compatible 4X Optical, 16X Digital Zoom, H.265+ Outdoor Mini Security Camera with Audio, Alarm, SD Card Slot #PTZIP204WX4IR

which would interest me as along as it was compatible with, and could be controlled by the Camect. This camera is supposedly a Hikvision oem but its my understanding that there may be differences in U.S. firmware and possible foreign firmware sure that some cameras, although having almost exactly the same internals, are restricted by the manufacturer as to what firmware can be loaded. Also, there’s that issue of false and/or misleading claims of compatibility that I have experienced in the past when dealing with integrating equipment from various manufacturer’s. At any rate, prior to purchasing and trying it out (still awaiting my Camect anyway) I thought I would ask if anyone here has had any experience with using an Anpviz ip cam (especially regarding PTZ control) with their Camect.
Greatly appreciative of any feedback you can provide. TIA for your help and advice.