Pluggable notification system

Erik Jacobs

Apr 1, 2020, 3:20:41 PM4/1/20
to Camect User Forum
Similar to the request to support Signal, perhaps we can just go to a more generally pluggable notification system, or find a notification endpoint that itself is pluggable.

Personally I'd like Signal, but also Pushover.net, IFTT and many other things.

Arno Hautala

Apr 2, 2020, 9:21:18 AM4/2/20
to Camect User Forum
There is the Camect API. https://github.com/camect/camect-py
All that is really missing to support any notification system would be retrieving the preview image. I think I saw recently that that was on the todo list, though not near the top.

Chris W

Dec 30, 2020, 2:16:59 PM12/30/20
to Camect User Forum, ar...@hautala.dev
Did this move on at all?

ar...@hautala.dev

Dec 30, 2020, 4:42:01 PM12/30/20
to Camect User Forum, Chris W, ar...@hautala.dev
I haven't heard anything recent. The API does have the ability to grab an image, but that has the potential to be after the detected object has left the scene. An alternative would be the ability to use the API to grab historical images or video. I don't believe that is currently possible. Ultimately, retrieving historical video and images would probably be more useful than specifically retrieving the preview image for the alert. Why not both‽ :-)