Please activate your Camect Service

Marius Vultur

Jul 11, 2024, 8:53:08 AM (18 hours ago) Jul 11
to Camect User Forum
I bought 3 camect NVRs and was ok as a novelty device. I am using 4K cameras and the hardware is underpowered. There are too many glitches that are annoying and the playback is lagging even with 2MP cameras.
Now is time to play for service plan and is $100 per device.
Is the service plan for one year?
I understand that you cannot access your device online without a service plan and you can still access it locally.
Will the device will still detect the set objects without the service plan to be displayed in local view?

I would like to have the option to buy the software and install it on custom made system capable to process more than 24MP I would not mind to pay a decent price for an annual license.
Also, I would like for the software on existing camect devices to allow a manual setup mode where I can set each camera individually and not the plug and play crap that is always looking for cameras and keep adding them when IP settings are changed
or new cameras installed.
The provided 12V power supply that come with camect devices is problematic and underpowered. I upgraded to more powerful power supplies and some of the problems were solved. mostly, changing the internal drive will require to change the power supply.

I hope you can offer option for potential great software that is more like BlueIris software that offer a lot of customizable features and for that I will be willing to pay.

Thank you,
Marius

Arup Mukherjee

Jul 11, 2024, 9:23:55 AM (17 hours ago) Jul 11
to Marius Vultur, Camect User Forum
I would like to think that we have always been pretty up front about the max recommended total camera resolution on the 24MP hub -- i.e. 24MP. That means that you can put up to 3 4K cameras on a 24MP hub. Most people use those hubs with HD cameras (2MP) so they are able to get more cameras per hub.

If you bought a regular consumer offering on our store or got your hubs from Indiegogo, then yes, the service cost is $100/hub/year. If you like, contact us at sup...@camect.com with the details of how you purchased your hubs so we can check for you, For example, if you bought your hubs from Indiegogo you probably have two cameras free for the life of the hub on each of them.

And yes, if you do not sign up for a plan, you will still be able to access your footage and alerts while you are on your home network. The AI will still work, and detected alerts will still be available for review in the UI. Services that depend on our cloud do not work without a plan -- primarily, alerts are not sent off-device, and remote access will not work.

We are sorry for whatever issues you encountered with the power supplies. They have never been underpowered for the hardware that we ship, but, as you observed, it is possible that if you replaced the hard drive in some of the older units, or added a bus-powered USB external drive, you might have pushed the original power supply beyond what it could do. In the last several years we have used a newer power supply and we are not aware of anyone having problems like that since then.

Lastly, we do not have any plans at this time to offer a software-only version of our product. We have experimented with that possibility but determined that we would not be able to support to the degree we would like to be able to.