Unable to see controls in Hikvision PTZ camera

Mike Irey

Apr 5, 2021, 1:52:51 PM4/5/21
to Camect User Forum
Manually installed Hikvision PTZ camera that is connected to NVR.  So camera is streaming from the NVR to Camect.  Can't see the PTZ controls.  Am guessing it is because it is streaming from the NVR.  It there a way around this?  I guess I could connect just this one camera directly to the network (and not the NVR) and let camect find it but then I could not control it through the NVR.

CamectArup

Apr 5, 2021, 2:20:40 PM4/5/21
to Camect User Forum
If you connect the camera to the network, I believe that you'll still be able to control the PTZ through the NVR. I have never tried this myself though (so let us know if I'm right), but at least there's no obvious reason for it to be impossible as long as the NVR is aware of what type of camera it is connected to.

On the other hand, when you add something purely as an RTSP stream (e.g. as you add the NVR's video stream to Camect), PTZ control is not possible as the RTSP protocol does not include any way to control PTZ.