Email configuration for Camect

Adam Edwards

May 1, 2020, 10:25:58 AM5/1/20
to Camect User Forum
I would like the ability to set one email address that would receive the alert notifications. Not fully understanding the alerting functionality of the Camect, the account that I used to register the Camect I want for the current alerting I get but I do not want the GIF alerting to come to that email address.

I have an account that I have been using for my Hikvision camera alerting before I got the Camect and would like the alerts to continue going to that dedicated email address.

CamectArup

May 1, 2020, 8:35:52 PM5/1/20
to Camect User Forum
You can add any normal email address in a somewhat roundabout way. You have to enable the email address for sign-in  with Google here.   (If your other email is already a google email address, you don't need to do that.)

Once you have the email address enabled for sign-in, you can just add the email address as a user (in the users tab), and then sign in once as that user, go to the "me" tab, and enable email alerts.

(And, after doing that, you can go to the "me" tab using the account you used to activate, and disable the alerts for that email address.