API enhancement

Arno Hautala

Apr 2, 2020, 9:32:38 AM4/2/20
to Camect User Forum
tl;dr: include an indicator of suppressed alerts in the API

I've been thinking about API integrations lately and different use cases. One that I've seen posted here before was someone using alerts to turn on exterior lights. A person detected at night, for example, could turn on flood lights in that or all areas. Alert suppression, however, could break this. Imagine if the homeowner walks by the camera, gets the alert, dismisses it, and a minute later an intruder walks by, but the alert is suppressed. Disabling suppression globally or per camera could be its own feature request, but for the API I think it'd be useful to allow another component to determine what should be acted on or not. Additional rules could be added to the Camect UI (suppress during certain hours, not at all, suppress within a smaller or larger time window, etc.), but including a flag to indicate suppressed or not would be a nice first step.