Foscam FI9821P V3 not adding due to port 554 being used for RTSP instead of 88.

Sam Mattern

Dec 24, 2019, 11:23:26 AM12/24/19
to Camect User Forum
I have a few Foscam FI9821P V2 cameras that connected no problem (after setting username).  However, my Foscam FI9821P V3 will not connect to the video stream (it signs in fine).

After doing some testing, I discovered that it is using port 554 for RTSP instead of the default of 88 like the V2s.  When I try to change it to 88 on the camera, it won't let me because that's the default port for browser access.  If I change the browser port to 89, Camect no longer detects the V3 camera.

I finally figured out how to manually add a camera by stream url in the settings and specified port 554, which works for accessing the feed.  However, I don't have any PTZ controls over the V3 camera because it is being identified as Generic.  Further, Camect keeps trying to auto-add a second version of the camera and fails, so I have to keep it added and disabled.

Thoughts on how to proceed?  Is this something that needs to be addressed on the programming side?

Also there should be a setting in Camect that says "stop trying to detect new cameras."  Seems like a waste of resources to be continually polling once all cameras are detected.

CamectArup

Dec 24, 2019, 2:27:00 PM12/24/19
to Camect User Forum
Port 554 is the "normal" port for RTSP ... so don't change it. That should not have been the problem. Port 80, or 88 are the common ports for the web interface.

What RTSP url did you use to manually add the Camera? If you've forgotten it, you can see it by going to the camera settings (wrench in the camera title bar) and clicking on the "i" next to "Camera Name".

If you're willing to reset the camera to its factory state, I'd be interested to know if Camect has problems with the camera in its default configuration. If it does, I'd agree we need to fix something. However, once you've changed ports and such, there's no guarantee that we'll be able to detect it as the correct type of camera.

Don't try resetting just yet though -- I want to know what RTSP url worked for you. Were you able to get the full resolution of the camera using that RTSP url?

Re: Scanning for new cameras -- I responded to that in the other thread you started about it, but basically ... Just disable devices that you don't want to see.

Thanks,

Arup

Sam Mattern

Dec 30, 2019, 12:51:01 PM12/30/19
to Camect User Forum
rtsp://username:pass...@192.168.1.204:554/videoMain

My other Foscams show a rtsp url rtsp://username:pass...@192.168.1.203:88/videoMain

I tried pointing it to 88 but it doesn't work.

Sam

Sam Mattern

Jan 3, 2020, 11:16:38 AM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
Any update on this?  This is, of course, the one camera I need daily PTZ controls on which I currently don't have.

Sam

CamectArup

Jan 3, 2020, 1:34:27 PM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
No update yet. I think I understand what the problem is, and you're right in thinking that it basically comes down to the older foscams using the same port for RTSP and http, whereas yours do not.

We don't have a camera showing the problem that we can get our hands on yet to fix the problem. Can you send me (in email to sup...@camect.com) the output you get if you visit the following URL on your V3 camera:

     http://IPADDRESS:PORT/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?usr=USERNAME&pwd=PASSWORD&cmd=getDevInfo

Fill in the appropriate values for IPADDRESS, PORT (the http port, not rtsp), USERNAME, and PASSWORD.  I'm hoping there will be something in there from which we can see what the RTSP port is.

Also, while you're waiting, try to see if your camera and PTZ will work if they are manually added as Onvif and let us know if that works too:

    home settings (cog wheel at top right) > devices > add camera.

Set the type to Onvif, and try the url:

(fill in the IP address of the camera, of course).

Arup

Sam Mattern

Jan 3, 2020, 2:39:03 PM1/3/20
to Camect User Forum
I tried adding it as ONVIF using http://IPADDRESS but it failed to add camera.  I logged into the camera and verified that ONVIF is enabled and running on port 888.  I tried to specify the port (http://IPADDRESS:888) but it didn't work.  I'll send you an email with the cgi result.

Sam

Sam Mattern

Jan 29, 2020, 4:02:01 PM1/29/20
to Camect User Forum
Any updates on this?

CamectArup

Jan 30, 2020, 1:06:39 AM1/30/20
to Camect User Forum
We pushed an update that was intended to fix the port issue quite some time back. It was in the crazy period after we got back from CES. It did appear to fix the issue for some other foscam users and we assumed it covered your case too, but from the sound of it it did not.

Since you sent email as well, I'll follow up with you there to see how we can proceed.

Sam Mattern

Jan 31, 2020, 12:17:50 PM1/31/20
to Camect User Forum, CamectArup
Correct, it did not. I noticed the update.  Since the update my other cameras randomly started dropping.  The might be down for a day or two and then come up again.  Power cycling the camera did nothing.  Both cameras that experienced this were previously working PTZ cameras detected correctly by camect.  No rhyme or reason why they went offline or why they came back on.  It did not correct my issue with the camera that was manually added.

Sam

We pushed an update that was intended to fix the port issue quite some time back. It was in the crazy period after we got back from CES. It did appear to fix the issue for some other foscam users and we assumed it covered your case too, but from the sound of it it did not.

Since you sent email as well, I'll follow up with you there to see how we can proceed.

Sam Mattern

Feb 9, 2020, 2:35:28 PM2/9/20
to Camect User Forum
Confirmed PTZ is working since deleting disabled camera.

Sam Mattern

Feb 9, 2020, 2:36:16 PM2/9/20
to Camect User Forum
Also that auto detect worked correctly.