Error message changing password

Paul Green

Mar 9, 2020, 1:14:08 PM3/9/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi all. First camera set up (only camera on my network) and it doesn't exactly love me very much.

Camera is a Hikvision DS-KB6403 door bell, and Camect detects it fine. It also detects the wrong password just fine. When I go to change the password and username to (lets call it Admin, and Passw0rd), then click Save, I get:

"ProbeInput: Server returned 400 Bad Request (rc = -808465656)"

and it fails to save it and leaves me in limbo.

I've managed to successfully add the camera via its RSTP stream for the time being, but will be adding a load of Hikvision infrastructure to my network in the coming weeks. Could do with a less clunky way of doing it. Am I doing something wrong, or have I found a bug?

PG

CamectArup

Mar 9, 2020, 3:02:04 PM3/9/20
to Camect User Forum
Given your other question about the Hikivision lockout being triggered, I am assuming that that's what was causing the problem here. If this was not due to the lockout, please use "Report Bug" (from the home settings dialog, which you get via the cogwheel at the top right) and check the checkbox to include logs and settings from your device so we can get a little info about what happened.

We do have a large number of users using regular Hikvision cameras without issues, but you may be the first user of a Hikvision doorbell, so it's possible there's some issue specific to this model.  (No one else has mentioned using a Hikvision doorbell. Some have tried the similar Ezviz doorbell made by Hikvision, but those don't use the Hikvision driver.)

Paul Green

Mar 27, 2020, 4:36:40 PM3/27/20
to Camect User Forum
Haven't played too much with this - it's been working away in the background (kinda) - but I'm now getting "Connection Dropped". I've logged a bug report, but thought it worth trying removing it and adding it again.

Didn't work, still says "connection dropped"
Seriously though, you need to stop with the clever scanning and connecting to anything it things is a camera without asking! It's picked a Nest device on my network - not sure if smoke alarm or thermostat, but it's expecting me to log in to Nest's ecosystem from within Camect. It's now redetected the Hikvision device and created a second instance but cannot connect to it, even though it appears to not work with the doorbell and auto detection.
Finally, when setting up a new camera and selecting stream, why does it not prompt for username and password before saving and trying to connect? Hikvision can't be the only brand that starts a lockdown timer the second you try the wrong password three times?

CamectArup

Mar 28, 2020, 3:07:42 AM3/28/20
to Camect User Forum
For a camera that you add manually using the stream url, you can specify the username and password in the url, so that there is no probe without the correct credentials, e.g.

      rtsp://USER:PASSWORD@IPADDRESS/Streaming/Channels/1

For Nest, we can't tell if a device is a thermostat or a camera unless you sign in. For people who do not have Nest cameras, the solution is the same as for anything else incorrectly detected as a camera -- i.e. disable it. However, the last release introduced a bug that prevents the "disable" slider from showing up for the Nest sign-in dialog. This will be fixed in the next release.

Looking at your Hikvision doorbell, I see the one you added manually failing with what looks like username/password problems, or possibly a lockout like before, i.e.:  "Server returned 401 Unauthorized (authorization failed)". For the automatically-detected variant, the doorbell is returning "400 (Bad Request)" - perhaps the doorbell does not like the /Streaming/Channels/1 rtsp path that we normally use for Hikvision cameras, or perhaps it's also due to a lockout.

I don't remember for sure, but I think you had said you disabled the automatically-detected variant in the past and the manually-added one was the one that was working. If so, try disabling the auto-detected one and deleting and re-adding the manual one with the username and password in the url.