Auto Arming

Kjell Osness

May 22, 2024, 2:00:26 AMMay 22
to Camect User Forum
I like the feature which automatically disarms when a phone connects to the local lan, but can it do the opposite where it will automatically arm when the phone leaves the lan?  I see that it can be armed by schedule which makes sense for businesses. Residential applications make sense to be able to auto arm when "away" as well as partial arming when in "stay mode" like only perimiter cameras would be active and indoor cameras would be either deactivated of alerts would be silenced. Is this possible? Thank you.
-Kjell

Arup Mukherjee

May 22, 2024, 6:49:08 AMMay 22
to Kjell Osness, Camect User Forum
The configuration UI for this is a bit deceptive, since it only mentions activating the mode when a phone connects on the network, but it works both ways -- i.e. when the phone is gone the hub will switch back to regular operation if the earlier switch to home/disarmed happened due to the appearance of the phone. Note, however, that with iphones there is a delay of something like 20 minutes before the mode switch, because it's hard to decide when an iphone is gone ... i.e. the phones can sleep for a long time even when technically connected, so we have to wait long enough to be confident that the phone is gone.

On Tue, May 21, 2024 at 11:00 PM Kjell Osness <alefaud...@gmail.com> wrote:
I like the feature which automatically disarms when a phone connects to the local lan, but can it do the opposite where it will automatically arm when the phone leaves the lan?  I see that it can be armed by schedule which makes sense for businesses. Residential applications make sense to be able to auto arm when "away" as well as partial arming when in "stay mode" like only perimiter cameras would be active and indoor cameras would be either deactivated of alerts would be silenced. Is this possible? Thank you.
-Kjell

Will Stillwell

May 22, 2024, 11:54:52 AMMay 22
to Arup Mukherjee, Kjell Osness, Camect User Forum
Is this something we could setup via ITTT ? If connect to this wifi do this.  If disconnect from wifi do that?  Just a thought.

~Will

Arup Mukherjee

May 22, 2024, 10:18:37 PMMay 22
to Will Stillwell, Kjell Osness, Camect User Forum
We haven't really had any compelling demand for an integration with IFTTT. Most or all of the interesting uses can be handled by any of the home automation integrations, e.g. Hubitat.