Notifications in app (Android) turn themselves off

Eric Meeson

Feb 26, 2020, 11:46:41 PM2/26/20
to Camect User Forum
I've had this happen once or twice over the last several months, but it happened again today. Sometime during the day I stopped getting notifications from the Camect, but was still receiving them from other cameras on site. Upon opening the app and checking, the notifications had been turned off, which I definitely did not do. In thinking about it I'm not sure I got phone notifications yesterday either, but I at least know that I did get them on Chrome on my PC.

Does this maybe have something to do with a backend update of the web app?

CamectChao

Feb 27, 2020, 6:44:39 PM2/27/20
to Camect User Forum
It's caused by Google expire the web push subscription after a while.
I'll make some change to automatically resubscribe when this happens.

Eric Meeson

Apr 4, 2020, 4:53:03 PM4/4/20
to Camect User Forum
Missed your reply on this, thanks very much for doing that.