Arlo camera connectivity

Jeffrey Jordan

Dec 27, 2019, 6:16:36 PM12/27/19
to Camect User Forum
In addition to my Amcrest cameras, I also have a few Arlo cameras, some on battery/solar, some on house power.  I am curious about how the connectivity works between Camect and Arlo as it applies to the battery/solar powered Arlo cameras.  Specifically, when you link the Camect to the Arlo account, does it trigger the camera to be in an "on" state and constantly streaming so the Camect is getting a continuous flow (bad for the solar and battery cameras) or does the Camect only look to receive video from the Arlo's whenever the Arlo registers motion triggered or when a user comes to the Camect interface and access the Arlo camera (good for the battery/solar powered)?

Thank you!

CamectArup

Dec 27, 2019, 6:45:00 PM12/27/19
to Camect User Forum
Right, continuous recording will drain the battery on battery-powered cameras quickly. This is mentioned in our camera compatibility FAQ here