Arlo slowing Camect?

Christopher Nickl

Apr 14, 2020, 3:10:30 PM4/14/20
to Camect User Forum
I have a legacy Arlo Pro system as i am transferring to more "standalone" cameras.

It seems when i have Arlo cameras enabled i am losing connection to my other cameras or at least there are more gaps in the timeline.  Is there a chance having Arlo hooked up to Camect is causing issues or bandwidth issues?

CamectArup

Apr 14, 2020, 4:11:57 PM4/14/20
to Camect User Forum
When you have Camect streaming from Arlos, the video is going to Arlo's cloud and back. If you already had Arlo's continuous recording plan, you were already using the upstream bandwidth, and Camect is adding usage of the downstream bandwidth (which is usually much more plentiful than upstream, so usually not a problem).

Arlo streams are all around 1080p (i.e. 2M) ... This is not likely to cause problems for Camect unless we're talking about several cameras, and/or you already have enough other cameras that your system is close to the edge of what it can support.