Wyze update 4.9.6.59 broke everything

Marty Enerson

May 2, 2020, 4:27:58 PM5/2/20
to Camect User Forum
I just did the firmware update to 4.9.6.59 and now none of my cameras show video on Camect.  They work great on the Wyze app.

I did a full reset of the Camect and created a new home, re-added the Wyze cams... same thing.  Just does not connect.  The Nest cams I have still work fine.

Other than reverting back to a different firmware.... any ideas??

Marty

CamectArup

May 2, 2020, 4:32:24 PM5/2/20
to Camect User Forum
Will ran into this issue a few days ago. (There was a thread about it on the forum.)  4.9.6.59 is a beta firmware and we haven't look at it yet. It has a number of issues people are complaining about other than not working w/ Camect.

For now, no fix other than to roll back to the released firmware.

Marty Enerson

May 2, 2020, 4:34:18 PM5/2/20
to Camect User Forum
cool.  Thanks.  It is lightning fast now in the Wyze app.  I may just go back one rev.

thanks,
Marty

Will Stillwell

May 2, 2020, 4:52:18 PM5/2/20
to Marty Enerson, Camect User Forum
Correct, nice to have someone else validate that the .59 firmware does not work with Camect.   I used the app  and went to each camera and rolled each one back to the .111 firmware.  Everything worked again.

~Will

Devesh Batra

May 6, 2020, 1:10:01 PM5/6/20
to Camect User Forum
My Wyze cam keeps getting disconnected and then reconnects at random intervals

No issues in TinyCam or Wyze app

CamectArup

May 7, 2020, 12:58:50 AM5/7/20
to Camect User Forum
How long does it stay disconnected?   If it's disconnected for a long time (presumably giving you a chance to check up on it), try clicking on the "unable to connect" message and see if it will reconnect. (The message will change to "searching ..." unless there's already a scan in progress.)
If it fails to connect, and yet right after that you can connect with Tinycam or the Wyze app, use Report Bug from home settings, and check the checkbox to include the logs.