Amcrest NVR shows up as camera

MOH

Sep 18, 2020, 4:18:26 PM9/18/20
to Camect User Forum
I have an Amcrest POE NVR connected to the same network as my Camect. All IP cameras are connected to a switch (no cameras plugged into the NVR). Camect picks up the NVR as a camera. When I login to the NVR, not matter what the setting is on the NVR (regardless of which camera is being viewed on the NVR, or regardless of how many cameras are being viewed on the NVR), Camect only displays the camera which is designated as Channel 1 on the NVR (I’m using the static ip I have given to the NVR. I don’t really care as I am using Camect more for its object recognition alerts as a “screener” for the NVR and can access all my cameras on Camect (albeit at lower resolution due to Camect’s limitations) since they are connected to the LAN via a switch. However, I was wondering if Camect ONLY allows streaming of the #1 camera on the NVR or if there is a way to have one of the windows in Camect show the 4 camera view displayed on the NVR.

CamectArup

Sep 19, 2020, 5:55:55 AM9/19/20
to Camect User Forum
Camect will consider anything that is listening on port 554 (the default RTSP port) to be a "camera" ... That's why your NVR is considered a camera. It also happens to be the case that the url for channel 1 on your NVR is the same as the RTSP streaming url for a regular Amcrest camera, so that's why the NVR, having been detected as a camera, produces the video from channel 1 if you supply credentials.

Right now the only way to get other channels from the NVR is to explicitly add them by RTSP url. We would like to automate this for common NVRs someday, but it will probably be a while before we get to it.  In your case this won't be useful anyway, as you're already getting those video stream straight from the cameras.

If your NVR has a way to show a 4-camera view in a single RTSP stream, then you could use the corresponding RTSP url to add that 4-camera view to Camect. I don't think this is a very common NVR feature though.