Temporary alert suppression via API

Brian Wilson

May 31, 2020, 11:42:23 PM5/31/20
to Camect User Forum
Hi, I currently use motion sensors and Bluetooth geo-fencing to know when a trusted person is leaving or arriving so I can suppress alerts (via my homegrown camera alerting scripts) when they arrive/depart. If you could set a temp suppression time period via API, this could easily be accomplished. This is above and beyond DEFAULT and HOME modes and would essentially allow folks to tweak alerts to go well beyond the two modes. Suppress next x mins for x camera ID's.

Thanks!

Brian Wilson

Jun 4, 2020, 12:27:22 PM6/4/20
to Camect User Forum
Another way to accomplish this would be to allow more “mode” types. I’d be happy being able to shift everything to another mode as to not receive notifications, then shift them back to a normal mode once these folks have left.

Lindsey Chesnutt

Sep 14, 2020, 5:30:15 PM9/14/20
to Camect User Forum, wil...@bubba.org
I second this. I'd like to be able to suppress alerts via the API on a per camera basis with a time interval.

If that isn't doable, extending the Camect Home Assistant integration to enable/disable detection per camera would allow me to what I need.

Brian Wilson

Sep 14, 2020, 5:59:41 PM9/14/20
to Lindsey Chesnutt, Camect User Forum
It’s in the API as of a month or so ago. I don’t see them making changes to the integration. I’m working on a hubitat integration to do what you’re referring to.

Brian

Lindsey Chesnutt

Sep 14, 2020, 6:02:31 PM9/14/20
to Brian Wilson, Camect User Forum
Ok, thanks! I must've missed that.

--
Lindsey Chesnutt

vma...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2020, 9:41:19 AM9/15/20
to Camect User Forum, wil...@bubba.org, Camect User Forum, mrche...@gmail.com
any thoughts/plans of a smartthings integration?

Victor