Incorrect Detection Submissions

Eric Meeson

May 14, 2020, 3:29:00 PM5/14/20
to Camect User Forum
If we are receiving multiple false alerts in a given day for similar things on the same camera, how many would you prefer us to submit?

For example, one of my cameras is currently giving about 2 false person detections per hour due to changing leaf shadow patterns in the breeze. Since every time this happens the patterns are going to be different, is it helpful to you to submit multiples?

I'm all for helping train the AI, but obviously don't want to overwhelm your ability to process data with clips that might not be helpful.

CamectChao

May 14, 2020, 4:52:50 PM5/14/20
to Camect User Forum
I think we have got enough training data from this case now.
I noticed you and another one or two users are having troubles caused by trees, presumably related to the season.
Besides training the AI with these data, I'll see whether I can tune the algorithm a bit to deal with similar situations better.

Eric Meeson

May 14, 2020, 5:14:43 PM5/14/20
to Camect User Forum
That's great, thanks!

The detections I'm most concerned about are people, which is most of what I submitted. Would it also be useful to have something like "shadow detected as raccoon" or are you able to train multiple models from the one moving shadows clip?

CamectChao

May 14, 2020, 5:52:01 PM5/14/20
to Camect User Forum

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 2:14:43 PM UTC-7, Eric Meeson wrote:
That's great, thanks!

The detections I'm most concerned about are people, which is most of what I submitted. Would it also be useful to have something like "shadow detected as raccoon" or are you able to train multiple models from the one moving shadows clip?
Submit one or two of them, I'll see whether they are similar situation with the ones you have submitted. Thanks.