Changing the password in camect

Mark Jones

Jun 15, 2021, 3:37:05 PM6/15/21
to Camect User Forum
Hi i have had a camera added remotely to camect and the camera has dropped. I have re added the camera back on but it won't connect as the password is wrong but camect also won't allow me to change the password as it is greyed out. Any ideas how to change the password?

Arup Mukherjee

Jun 15, 2021, 3:41:21 PM6/15/21
to Mark Jones, Camect User Forum
If Camect isn't allowing you to change the password, it means that the camera is returning some other error (or not connecting at all) rather than saying that the password is wrong.

Assuming that you added the camera using an RTSP url, try putting the password into the RTSP url itself ... i.e. rtsp://user:password@IPADDRESS:PORT/path

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 12:37 PM 'Mark Jones' via Camect User Forum <fo...@camect.com> wrote:
Hi i have had a camera added remotely to camect and the camera has dropped. I have re added the camera back on but it won't connect as the password is wrong but camect also won't allow me to change the password as it is greyed out. Any ideas how to change the password?

Mark Jones

Jun 15, 2021, 4:09:26 PM6/15/21
to Camect User Forum, CamectArup, Camect User Forum, Mark Jones
Perfect. Thank you.