Changing the password in camect

Skip to first unread message

Mark Jones

unread,
Jun 15, 2021, 3:37:05 PM6/15/21
to Camect User Forum
Hi i have had a camera added remotely to camect and the camera has dropped. I have re added the camera back on but it won't connect as the password is wrong but camect also won't allow me to change the password as it is greyed out. Any ideas how to change the password?

Arup Mukherjee

unread,
Jun 15, 2021, 3:41:21 PM6/15/21
to Mark Jones, Camect User Forum
If Camect isn't allowing you to change the password, it means that the camera is returning some other error (or not connecting at all) rather than saying that the password is wrong. 

Assuming that you added the camera using an RTSP url, try putting the password into the RTSP url itself ... i.e. rtsp://user:password@IPADDRESS:PORT/path

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 12:37 PM 'Mark Jones' via Camect User Forum <fo...@camect.com> wrote:
Hi i have had a camera added remotely to camect and the camera has dropped. I have re added the camera back on but it won't connect as the password is wrong but camect also won't allow me to change the password as it is greyed out. Any ideas how to change the password?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Camect User Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to forum+un...@camect.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/camect.com/d/msgid/forum/b6a82e1b-a3e7-4048-8264-1e2513a6d83dn%40camect.com.

Mark Jones

unread,
Jun 15, 2021, 4:09:26 PM6/15/21
to Camect User Forum, CamectArup, Camect User Forum, Mark Jones
Perfect. Thank you.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages