TF slot5

Fester Adams

Jun 22, 2021, 2:02:20 PM6/22/21
to Camect User Forum
  Don't see any specific info on the right side TF slot. Is that for storing snapshots? If so how should the card be formatted?

Arup Mukherjee

Jun 22, 2021, 2:25:10 PM6/22/21
to Fester Adams, Camect User Forum
The hardware platform we used just happened to have a TF slot but we don't do anything special with it at the moment. If you put a large enough card into it, I believe it will show up as a regular drive that you can format and use for video storage like any other drive. (To format, you go to the storage tab, and click the "eraser" icon that would appear next to the entry for the drive.)

However, we have not really tested this for performance, and using a TF card is not a great way to add storage vs adding a large drive via USB 3.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 11:02 AM Fester Adams <mdiehla...@gmail.com> wrote:
  Don't see any specific info on the right side TF slot. Is that for storing snapshots? If so how should the card be formatted?

Will Stillwell

Jun 22, 2021, 3:29:09 PM6/22/21
to Arup Mukherjee, Fester Adams, Camect User Forum
You know a good option might be to have that slot be used for Saving an alert.  Right now you can choose Google Drive...  How about choosing the built in slot if there is a card in it?  Formatted but not in the mix for recordings.  Just a thought.  I suppose one could do the same thing with a thumb drive to save an image to hand it off to someone like the police.

~Will