Axis camera

Skip to first unread message

j m

unread,
Jun 26, 2021, 4:05:26 PM6/26/21
to Camect User Forum
Camect detected and added my axis doorstation with the default Axis login.  I change that login and now I don't see a way to modify it within Camect.  When I click on show details it shows the credentials that are used to configure the camera but its grayed out and I can't change it.  

Arup Mukherjee

unread,
Jun 26, 2021, 4:17:52 PM6/26/21
to j m, Camect User Forum
After you changed the password, did the video from the camera keep streaming? If so, your camera doesn't immediately enforce the new password -- i.e. your camera only checks the password when a connection is first established and allows it to remain connected thereafter even if the password is changed. (Some cameras do that, while others immediately drop all connections when the password is changed.) 

Camect offers you the option to change a camera password after receiving an error from the camera that indicates that the password is incorrect. To change the password, try disabling and then re-enabling the camera in Camect so that a new connection will be made. 

On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 1:05 PM j m <11mona...@gmail.com> wrote:
Camect detected and added my axis doorstation with the default Axis login.  I change that login and now I don't see a way to modify it within Camect.  When I click on show details it shows the credentials that are used to configure the camera but its grayed out and I can't change it.  

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Camect User Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to forum+un...@camect.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/camect.com/d/msgid/forum/376df72c-bf8b-4bfa-84b4-e4b88a0f791cn%40camect.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages