Announcing our new General Manager and Online Auction Fundraiser Details

BV XC Ski Club

Oct 24, 2021, 12:58:00 AM10/24/21
to BV XC Ski Club
Online Auction Fundraiser
FIRST ANNUAL Athlete Development Program ONLINE AUCTION!
Support the BV Nordic ADP and their upcoming 2021/2022 ski season! All funds raised will be used to support the club programs from bunnies through to masters. The funds raised will be used for program equipment, head coach salary, and special events!

Auction dates: November 1-14, 2021
Watch for your invite to the AUCTION GROUP on facebook where all donations will be posted for bidding.
Are you interested in donating an item for action? Email auc...@bvnordic.ca for details or you can post your item for auction once the group is open on November 1!

Meet our new General Manager!
The club is excited to announce that Jan Wengelin is joining the club as our general manager. He officially starts November 1st. Feel free to email him at jan.we...@bvnordic.ca to say hi.

Jan provided the brief bio below to introduce himself to all of you.

IMG_1644.jpeg

I’m 56 years young and have lived most of my life in snow. Originally born in the land of few reindeers but many skiers, Sweden, I moved to Canada 1987 on a shoestring (not even a budget) and ended up coaching in Smithers for the alpine ski club 1988-89. That was the start of something great I realized; to work with likeminded individuals with a common goal.

5 Olympic Winter Games later as head coach for Alpine Snowboarders both with the US and Canada, Alpine ski coaching at World Cup level with Alpine Canada, club coaching and BC Provincial Team coaching. The list goes on, together with many, many nights in Hotels all over the world, not to mention seat 46C on too many flights to count.

High Performance coaching came to an end Aug 1, 2021 and I can only bow to all the people that have been involved in my life during this career. What a blast.

I have been looking forward spending more time at home with family and friends and when the opportunity was presented to apply for the General Manager position at BV Nordic I pounced. What better place than BV Nordic’s facilities can one ask for if you want to spend time with likeminded individuals and friends, new and old.

As you can imagine, I did XC ski race while growing up in Sweden (surprise surprise) until the age of 15. That was a long time ago and times have changed, but I still love any means of skiing and it’s a big part of my life still.

I love mountain biking, rowing our raft, hiking, backcountry skiing and pretty much all other sports as well. I have lived in Smithers since 1999 full time and have my wife Amy and daughter Aprilia to recreate with. My older son Mattias has planted his feet in Sweden to infiltrate IKEA but then he would love to move back home (with the golden Allen-key in tow)

I’m very much looking forward meeting you out on our trials this upcoming season chatting about the club and life in general.

See you soon.