BSFS/Balticon Update

Dale Arnold

Dec 27, 2021, 8:42:02 PM12/27/21
to info
New Year's Eve Party at BSFS:

On December 31, 2021 from 7:00 PM to 1:00 AM come on down to the Baltimore Science Fiction Society Building and celebrate the turn of the year. (vaccination and mask required of course) Some food and non-alcoholic drink and the rest is pot luck. (You can bring alcohol beverages for yourself, family and friends you wish to share with, but BSFS will not provide or control.) Plenty of regular Coke in cans as we had a donation of a lot recently… If you want to coordinate food that you might want to bring to avoid oversupply of any one item then email pkel...@aol.com     Directions to the BSFS Building at https://www.bsfs.org/bsfsdrct.htm

Balticon 35 Donation “Gifts” in the Mail Stream:

Due to pandemic related supply chain problems, there was a delay in shipping the items that folks who made donations toward the expenses of Balticon 55 were entitled to. All of these items have been posted and packages should arrive soon by the US Postal Service. (or may already have arrived as we have several reports the packages made it) Sorry for the delays, but the universe some times throws problems at us.

Alphabet Soup Gaming on Hiatus:

With most of the events at the BSFS Building a 50% drop off in attendance leaves enough folks for the event to go forward and or we can shift over to Zoom or other online channels. Unfortunately, attendance for the Alphabet Soup Gaming sessions have dropped below practical levels and it just does not work well as a virtual event. So, until things mellow out virus wise we will give Alphabet Soup Gaming a rest…