Intalling 'Add to Ninja' button in different (than desktop) mobile browser function bug, p2s1

Sett 13 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

nkertesi

ulest,
8. juni 2016, 16:24:2808.06.2016
til Bookmark Ninja Beta
Tried to install the 'Add to Ninja' button in Mi v7.8.1 browser (Android kernel: 4.4.4 KTU84P, MIUI version: 7.4./ xiaomi.eu 6.5.5). I have followed the instructions and replaced the the bookmarked page's URL with the javascript command and saved it.

When I try to add a URL to my bookmarks I do the following:
- the page is loaded into the browser;
- I select bookmarks and pick 'Add to Ninja'

The result is the following: a new 'Add to bookmarks' page loads but the Title field is empty and the URL field's conent is 'about:blank'.

Jozsef

ulest,
9. juni 2016, 02:08:4309.06.2016
til Bookmark Ninja Beta
When you run the bookmarklet (javascript) it doesn't run on the actual page, rather the browser opens a blank page for the bookmarklet and it runs on that page. That's why the title and the url are blank. It seems to be an Android specific issue. Chrome on Android behaves the same way, but Chrome doesn't even let you run a bookmarklet this way.I thought it's just Chrome doing this, but as you described other browsers can have this issue, too.

The workaround is the following: start typing the name of the bookmarklet in the browser's address bar (start typing "add"). A suggestion list will come up including the "Add to Ninja" bookmarklet. Tap on it, and the script will run on the actual page. (if there are multiple suggestions with the same name make sure to tap on the one whose url starts with "javascript") I know it's not a really nice solution, but the big sites also suggest this workaround for this issue. Hopefully one day it will be fixed on Android.

Please let me know if it works on your mobile device. Thanks!

nkertesi

ulest,
9. juni 2016, 06:17:1109.06.2016
til Bookmark Ninja Beta
Unfortunately not. By typing in the name (or even the URL) of a bookmarklet in the browser's address bar, the bookmarklet does not appear (only similar pages from the history). :(

Jozsef

ulest,
9. juni 2016, 07:21:5709.06.2016
til Bookmark Ninja Beta
I have 2 more ideas:

1. Please check if there is any setting in the browser that changes the target window when opening a page. Set it to "open in the current window". This might help.

2. Please give a try with Google Chrome. If it works in Chrome then it's a browser problem. If it doesn't work then it can be an os specific issue.

Thanks!!

Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend