Incident (p3 s3)

nkertesi

Mar 31, 2016, 2:52:07 AM3/31/16
to Bookmark Ninja Beta

After entering User/Account page  the site started blinking (due to continuous reolad of page). Could be reproduced one time only in Firefox, could not be reproduced in IE.

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 43.0.4
Time: 03-31-2016 08:30 approx.
IP: 1.30.34

Jozsef

Mar 31, 2016, 3:45:40 AM3/31/16
to bookmark-...@bookmarkninja.com
All the date/time values are stored in UTC time on the server and each account has a time zone information in order to display the correct date/time. When a page loads (that has any date/time to display) it will compare the account's time zone with the computer's time zone. If they are different (you traveled to another time zone, or day light saving time started) it will update the account's timezone and will reload the page in order to display the proper date/time. One reload in this case is normal, but Firefox got into an infinite loop. You couldn't reproduce the issue anymore because the new time zone was set in your account. It seems to be a Firefox specific bug. I also saw the page reload a few days ago in my account in Chrome, but it was a single reload. I will check what's wrong with FF, good catch, thank you!

Jozsef

Mar 31, 2016, 10:03:41 AM3/31/16
to Bookmark Ninja Beta
The bug was more serious than it seemed to be for the first time... You could get around it with opening the page in  IE, where it worked fine, and the account's time zone was successfully updated. However if someone has only Firefox, then he/she would keep running into the infinite page reload issue. The bug has been fixed, a new deployment is out there with the fix. Thanks, again!