NEW! ICG Online BOD Meeting Monthly Check-in form available for May!

kpr...@siweb.costume.org

Apr 30, 2024, 1:26:29 AMApr 30
to mee...@board.costume.org
Google Forms
As promised at the annual meeting, I've put together a form that should automatically create a spreadsheet for our recording secretary. Please give it a try for May's check-in!

Kevin
ICG Online BOD Monthly Check-in
This is intended to simplify monthly checkin to the online meeting by attendees
Fill out form
Create your own Google Form

ickydetails

Apr 30, 2024, 1:38:43 AMApr 30
to mee...@board.costume.org
Done

Sent from my Galaxy
--
ICG Board of Directors Online Meeting
To post via email, send a message to mee...@board.costume.org

To access as a webforum, visit https://groups.google.com/u/6/a/board.costume.org/g/meeting
(You will need to need to log in with your subscribed account)
---

Randall Whitlock

Apr 30, 2024, 7:23:30 PMApr 30
to mee...@board.costume.org
So, do we send our usual monthly greeting message too, or just the form from now on?

Randall
SWCG

Kevin Roche

Apr 30, 2024, 8:19:10 PMApr 30
to mee...@board.costume.org
I’ll admit to being of two minds… the form should make it *much* easier for our Secretary to confirm all voting members have checked in without having to chase through multiple message threads, but it’s also nice to hear what chapters are doing.

Kevin

Apr 30, 2024, 8:35:51 PMApr 30
to mee...@board.costume.org
Hello from Wisconsin!

Henry Osier
President
ACG

Byron Connell

Apr 30, 2024, 9:38:08 PMApr 30
to ICG Board of Directors
I’d like to continue to make comments; please don’t stifle us. We’re a guild of artists, not just a business board of directors. If necessary, please modify the form to let us do so.

Byron Connell, Prez
New Jersey-New York Costumers’ Guild, Inc.

Anne Davenport

Apr 30, 2024, 9:42:20 PMApr 30
to ICG Board Online Meeting, osier...@cs.com
Well, it's actually not simple  ......  because I don't know how it work.  How could I set something like that up myself?  How would I report the results?  Are we could to save the results in the google workspace?  We need to talk.

And I'm not actually trying to hose it, but I just wanted for see what would happen if I signed in twice under 2 different e-mail addresses.  I took it, but I don't what's going to happen.

And I think we can still have some monthly check-in chatter.

Philip Gust

Apr 30, 2024, 10:19:21 PMApr 30
to mee...@board.costume.org

Checking in for May 2024

The new form is a prototype and it's good for everyone to try it out so we can see how it works. However, there are still details to work out, both technical and social. I suggest also checking in by email for a few months so that Anne has a backup source to compare with the form data.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 4:23 PM 'Randall Whitlock' via ICG Board Online Meeting <mee...@board.costume.org> wrote:
So, do we send our usual monthly greeting message too, or just the form from now on?

Randall
SWCG

--
Philip Gust
Chair, ICG Tech & Web Committee,
Chair, ICG Publications Committee,
ICG Webmaster,
International Costumer blog/newsletter online support,
Chair, Props and Costuming FX SIG
  (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ICGPropsFxSIG/).

Judy Mitchell

Apr 30, 2024, 10:38:43 PMApr 30
to mee...@board.costume.org
I'm here as usual for Northern Lights, both by note & form.

The form was pretty easy, but why does it need my email 3x?

    -Judy Mitchell

Patrick J OConnor

Kevin Roche

Apr 30, 2024, 11:22:07 PMApr 30
to mee...@board.costume.org
The form was pretty easy, but why does it need my email 3x?

There is actually a reason:
1. email address is what google fills in if you are signed in to a Google mail account when you visit the form
2. Where you can put in your preferred email address, since a Google mail account is not actually required for the form
3. Some people use their officer account for checking in, but want followup emails going to a different address. That's why this one is optional.

We could dispose of the optional one, I suppose.

I find myself *in full agreement* with the sentiment that the chatty what's-going-on posts are worth keeping.

The check-in form is intended just to simplify the required official check-in for [voting] directors and officers, and the monhtly "roll call" log. The chatty check-ins often twine through multiple email threads because of changing subject lines, which can result in someone being missed.

If someone fills it out the form twice, it hurts nothing, the duplicates are obvious in the spreadsheet and everything is date stamped automatically, so a double May check-in will not be mistaken for a May and June check-in, for instance.

Kevin

--
ICG Board of Directors Online Meeting
To post via email, send a message to mee...@board.costume.org

To access as a webforum, visit https://groups.google.com/u/6/a/board.costume.org/g/meeting
(You will need to need to log in with your subscribed account)
---

Judy Mitchell

May 1, 2024, 12:37:50 AMMay 1
to mee...@board.costume.org
Ok, thanks for the explanation.
   -Judy Mitchell

Jeanine Swick

Lisa Ashton

axej...@accessus.net

May 1, 2024, 10:11:07 AMMay 1
to mee...@board.costume.org

Well, I tried the form, but just in case . . .

Karen Heim

SLCG alternate

--
ICG Board of Directors Online Meeting
To post via email, send a message to mee...@board.costume.org

To access as a webforum, visit https://groups.google.com/u/6/a/board.costume.org/g/meeting
(You will need to need to log in with your subscribed account)
---

Pierre and Sandy Pettinger

May 1, 2024, 10:18:33 AMMay 1
to mee...@board.costume.org

Also, just in case:

Pierre E. Pettinger, Jr.

Parliamentarian and Archivist

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/board.costume.org/d/msgid/meeting/8c48dbd56dce46c54e365143de7caa85%40accessus.net.
--
Author of the Sodality Universe
The Road From Antioch

The Shattered World i coming in 2025

Lisa Hunt

May 1, 2024, 11:31:17 AMMay 1
to mee...@board.costume.org

Lisa Hunt, alternate for Northern Lights, checking in. Please chat! Our cherry trees are flowering like crazy but I haven't figured out a costume for them yet and there's so little time ....

Elaine Sims

May 1, 2024, 11:42:37 AMMay 1
to mee...@board.costume.org
Checked in via the form.

REMINDER TO ALL GEL Chapters & SIGs- your 2023 reports are NOW DUE.Please forward them to the committee. I will confirm receipt, so if you don't get a message back from me, please reach out!

Elaine Sims
GEL Admin/Assistant
Finance Committee
---
Elaine Sims
Cattails Quilts & N Theory Farm

On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 10:19 PM Philip Gust <phil...@siweb.costume.org> wrote:
--
ICG Board of Directors Online Meeting
To post via email, send a message to mee...@board.costume.org

To access as a webforum, visit https://groups.google.com/u/6/a/board.costume.org/g/meeting
(You will need to need to log in with your subscribed account)
---

Carole Parker

May 1, 2024, 11:55:55 AMMay 1
to mee...@board.costume.org
I am not the SiW VP anymore, so the new VP should be added to this list, and I should be removed.

Pierre - how close did the tornado come to your home? I kept hearing about the Lincoln, Nebraska tornado.

Until later—

Carole Parker

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanine Swick

May 1, 2024, 12:11:55 PMMay 1
to mee...@board.costume.org
Taylor has been added to the list and should be able to post now. Carole, do you wish to be removed from here or just set to no mail?

Jeanine

Taylor Pope

May 1, 2024, 2:43:19 PMMay 1
to mee...@board.costume.org
Thanks for adding me!

Taylor Pope, VP of SiW checking in as chapter representative, also checked in via the form

Byron Connell

May 1, 2024, 6:00:46 PMMay 1
to ICG Board of Directors
"Tra la! It’s May, the lusty month of May.”

Byron Connell, Prez, New Jersey-New York Costumers’ Guild, Inc; Chair, Administration Committee, Marty Gear Fund; and Director, HELPS; checking in for May, just in case.

Byron

Martha Eby

May 1, 2024, 7:19:05 PMMay 1
to mee...@board.costume.org

Martha Eby, BRCG Alternate, just in case.

Jennifer Skwarski

May 1, 2024, 7:38:50 PMMay 1
to mee...@board.costume.org
Very nice form, I approve. Welcome to May. It's a bit warmer than it should be in Michigan but we're not complaining. Now starts my real push for a costume for Glasgow.

SiWeb alternate, checking in.

Jennifer Skwarski
International Costumers' Guild
Silicone Web Chapter President

vwarr...@aol.com

May 2, 2024, 3:58:46 PMMay 2
to ICG Board of Directors
Del val here working on row 12 of 17 of a quilt.
also did the google forms thing.

Vicki Warren
Del val costumes guild president

Anne Davenport

May 5, 2024, 10:30:45 PMMay 5
to ICG Board Online Meeting, vwarr...@aol.com
Well, because the new check-in system is technically a 'beta', I will report the check-in the old way for this month, on the 7th (Tuesday), but I expect that we'll be able to drop this when we settle into the new way.

What I'm still scratching my head about is how will the check-in be reported? How is the check-in form updated with new names, chapters, reps, etc.?

Kevin Roche

May 6, 2024, 12:13:57 AMMay 6
to mee...@board.costume.org
The only thing that has to be modified by the form owner is the chapter list, as necessary.
Since our meeting attendees are filling in their names, etc, that comes from them each month.

We just use the form and the spreadsheet grows month by month, so the recording Secretary (Anne) can cut and paste the lines for each month.

That also gives us a continuing attendance log in one place.

Kevin