Motion to consider mascot/logo change

Jeanine Swick

Apr 8, 2024, 8:41:34 AMApr 8
to ICG Board Online Meeting
I hereby move for us to open a discussion on making a possible change to the ICG mascot/logo and then bring it before the entire ICG membership for input and suggestions.

Jeanine Swick
ICG Treasurer
Silicon Web

Leslie Johnston

Apr 8, 2024, 9:16:09 AMApr 8
to mee...@board.costume.org
I second this motion.

Leslie Johnston
ICG VP

On Apr 8, 2024, at 8:41 AM, 'Jeanine Swick' via ICG Board Online Meeting <mee...@board.costume.org> wrote:

--
ICG Board of Directors Online Meeting
To post via email, send a message to mee...@board.costume.org

To access as a webforum, visit https://groups.google.com/u/6/a/board.costume.org/g/meeting
(You will need to need to log in with your subscribed account)
---

Nora & Bruce Mai

Apr 17, 2024, 3:23:57 PMApr 17
to mee...@board.costume.org

I’m interested to see where this discussion goes.  Nora and I have thought the existing logo has needed a “new coat of paint”.     Whatever people come up with, I could incorporate it into the YouTube channel videos, and perhaps it could even be animated.

Perhaps some sort of contest could be held is the decision is to create a new logo/mascot?

Bruce

Archivist

International Costumers Guild

International Costumers Gallery:  http://www.icggallery.org/

ICG YouTube channel:   http://www.youtube.com/user/ICGArchives/feed

Facebook Page:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-International-Costumers-Gallery/237722405911

Kevin Roche

Apr 17, 2024, 4:06:37 PMApr 17
to mee...@board.costume.org
Just noting that there is no reason this discussion shouldn’t be taking place in the more general cos-chat and opposed to just us board members

Nora & Bruce Mai

Jun 5, 2024, 1:12:40 PMJun 5
to mee...@board.costume.org

Just following up – has there been any further discussion about this?

Bruce

On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 12:23 PM Nora & Bruce Mai <cas...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I’m interested to see where this discussion goes.  Nora and I have thought the existing logo has needed a “new coat of paint”     Whatever people come up with, I could incorporate it into the YouTube channel videos, and perhaps it could even be animated.

Judy Mitchell

Jun 5, 2024, 5:47:58 PMJun 5
to mee...@board.costume.org
I've seen nothing since my post last month. I think it's a dead issue.
    -Judy

Patrick OConnor

Jun 5, 2024, 7:34:57 PMJun 5
to mee...@board.costume.org
I think Glitziana should live long and prosper.

Byron Connell

Jun 5, 2024, 9:32:46 PMJun 5
to ICG Board of Directors

Anne Davenport

Jun 5, 2024, 11:59:47 PMJun 5
to ICG Board Online Meeting, byronp...@gmail.com
I haven't said anything, because I don't have a strong opinion about it.  Glitziana is a product her her times and if ICG were founded now, the ICG seal would look different, but what would that be?

It wouldn't feel for a revised seal to not include here, but what else would be there?  A small diverse crowd of varying costumer types?  The sentiment would be good, but the seal would likely end up being crowded, looking like it was designed by a committee.  If anything were to be tried with Glitziana, I'd try a simplified version and see where that goes, but that would just be poking at ideas.